Support the Board in 2012!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:42 am

(slight edit of last year's post....)

The years keep rolling by -- and here we are in 2012! Hard to believe how long Guinea Lynx has been going! We even have a crew of "former guinea pig caretakers" who surely one day will See the Light and take up caring for guinea pigs once again. But no matter what, new members and old, we all love guinea pigs!!

I remain firmly committed to keeping Guinea Lynx Google-ad-free (THIS is what Guinea Lynx could look like without your help: https://www.guinealynx.info/sample.html ).

So if any of you are willing to help cover the costs associated with running this board (hosting/internet, reference books, etc.), your donation would be greatly appreciated. While contributing to expenses is voluntary, it really does keep this site going! And if you have never contributed, perhaps this could be the year you start.

I would be happy to give you a line of text (or update your notation) as a thank you for your help. Choose whatever notation you'd like - make one up or try "Supporter in '12".

A $40 donation will get you an animated avatar (up to 9 pics). An existing animated avatar can be updated (new pics) with any donation.

If you write me through the mailer, I can send you my address if you wish to send a check. For those who prefer to use Paypal, I only have a personal Paypal account (it doesn't take credit or debit cards).

Please note, Paypal is now charging additional fees. To avoid these fees, select the "Personal" tab and "Gift" and make sure you either have funds in your account or are drawing funds from your bank (an "e-check" rather than a bank debit card or credit card). Then your entire donation should go through rather than having Paypal remove substantial fees. Checks do not incur additional fees so all of your donation is guaranteed to help GL.

The email I use for Paypal is:
You make this board a real community and I'm grateful for your participation here. I am especially indebted to the members who answer questions about guinea pig care and monitor the medical board.

You absolutely provide the inspiration I need to keep me going!

Thanks to you all for making Guinea Lynx the great place it is!!

(p.s. I put this up now because the footer linked to the 2011 donation thread and I figured I should update everything)
Last edited by Lynx on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:24 pm

I was looking over my accounts and discovered I forgot to support the board in 2011. So sorry. Would you be so kind as to message me your address. I will beg for forgiveness in the form of donation and chocolate, oh Dictatorish one. (and remind me if you like dark chocolate).

DMac
Supporter in '10, '11, & '12

Post   » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:40 pm

It's the same address as last year?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:11 am

Oh! Chocolate! Yes, that would be most delightful! (dark is indeed preferred - fine plain or with nuts (non - peanut), toffee or chewy things, caramel, etc.

And yes, same address as last year.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:36 am

Small donation done! I had to pay fees, even for a gift, but that's no big deal. I would love a subtitle this year. I will send a mail about that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh, some clarification here - (thanks for the donation!) - by "subtitle" do you mean nickname? Or do you want a different notation?

p.s. the nickname goes right under your name and the notation goes under your avatar if you have one (your current notation is "Supporter in '11" and I can change that to what you called a subtitle or update it to "Supporter in '12" if you wish).

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I sent you a VERY small donation the other day, hope you got it.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Small donation done, but done early. And I'm very proud that I didn't procrastinate as I have in other years.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I gived! So worth it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks to you all!

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm

This is the EARLIEST I have ever given for a year! Usually I get around to it in April but this year, Its Jan 2nd! I figure its my birthday gift to the Board!

Lynx, I sent off my check. You should get it in about a week or so.

I might want to change my avatar since its been years since we've changed it. I'll think about it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:41 pm

I'd be more than happy to change it if you'd like.

You'll have to think of a new notation! I don't think I can squeeze in another year (maybe Supporter 08-09 & 11-12?).