Show your cage IV

nicodimus22

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:33 pm

It's not much compared to some of the ones here, but it's not a pet store cage either:

tumble

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks to my wonderful wife and mother-in-law, we've bought a house with a whole room for our three piggies. There's a downside to having them in a separate room, which is that we don't interact with them quite as much as we did when they were in our living room, but we visit them frequently ... and they let us know with a big WHEEEEK when they're lonely!

Gabby88

Post   » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 pm

My cage setup. I made everything in it (besides the igloo, of course). I plan on tossing the igloo and making a fleece bed sometime in the near future, too. And I must say that Uhaul pads are FANTASTIC! I sewed two fleece liners about a month ago with Uhaul pads inside, and they are the best. I used puppy pads under the fleece previously, and this is about a million times easier and far less smelly.

Any suggestions of other things I could add?

Travelingirl916

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 am

I love your cage! It is so cute! The only other things I can think of to add are cuddle cups and sleeping bags. Another thing I have found my pigs really enjoy are the little bird mirrors with a bell hanging from them. My girls LOVE playing with those (so much so that every night I have to take them away from my girls so I can sleep!)

calicavylover

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 pm

I love your cage too! Purple coroplast is the best that I have seen! Cute cute cute! I don't think you need to add much, maybe the mirrors like travelingirl said and some cuddle cups.

Gabby88

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Thank you!! I just ordered a very comfy looking fleece bed for them yesterday, and I can probably make some cuddle cups. My girls like to poop and pee where they sleep and it leaves certain beds super messy! I was worried that might happen with cuddle cups, which is why I didn't make any. But I have plenty of extra fleece, I might as well try it out!

WildRye

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

I love this cage. My dad took the bottom of an old entertainment center and attached a platform to it for the cage to sit on. Great storage in the cabinets for fleece, towels, and pellets! It worked out to be the perfect height for short little me, too.

Brady

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:16 pm

what is the spoon for?

WildRye

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Poop scooping!

Brady

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Poop scooping?? No vacuuming?

lisam

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Looks great, WildRye!

Brady, I see she has a whisk broom and dustpan that's probably for poop retrieval.

Brady

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I have a broom and dustpan too....I'm just curious as to how one removes poop with a spoon?? :D