Everyone Needs A Little Fairy! Part 8

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:02 pm

They make me cry, so I can just imagine what these lovely pics do to you. Hope these will turn into warm fuzzy feelings soon, after grieving.

ElvisTCB

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Such beautiful photos, & you can never have too many. The 'topper tester' has got to be one of the most precious piggy photos I've ever seen!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Have had a busy day and only now read the sad news. It's hard to believe that your beautiful girl is now at the rainbow bridge. Hugs to you and Ian for your loss.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm in tears, she was and is so beautiful, so special. Piggy heaven is darn lucky having her :( We all feel a bit of your pain and missing.

Biggest hugs to you and Ian xx

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Such beautiful pictures of Mariella. I can only imagine how sad you are. It's such an awful decision to make, even when you know it's the right one.

The art is by Suzanne LaGood. I believe she is in the UK. I found her work on eBay several years ago and have purchased a few items over the years. When I saw this card, I just knew that I had to have it. I thought it might bring comfort to those that needed it. My original intent was to scan it into my computer and just post it whenever I read of a guinea pig passing. It's a very sad picture but at the same time, I found it really touching. The idea that all of our pigs who have passed are now angel pigs, helping their friends pass over to the bridge when it's time really moved me and certainly helped me cope as I said goodbye to several of my special ones over the years.

The link to her eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Cats-By-Suzanne- ... 581&_pgn=2

Anyway, I've held on to it. While I feel very sad whenever I read of anybody losing their pig, I just didn't feel like the time was right to actually post the picture. For reasons I can't explain, I immediately got it out when I read of Mariella. Perhaps it's because Mildred has always been so generous about sharing her pigs with us that I felt that sending a statement more significant than just words was important. I'm pleased that it has helped in some small way.

I have no problem if any of you would like to borrow it. You can also find LaGood's artwork at her eBay store and think about building your own art collections. Her work is just lovely and very distinctive. She just really seems to do a nice job capturing the playful, loving spirit of our little friends. She does a lot of work with other animals, too, but I've only provided the link to those pictures of guinea pigs and rabbits. I also see that she's added a lot of pictures of capybaras. Please don't think that I'm a walking advertisement for her. It's probably a bit awkward to be even posting so much in this thread. But I thought she should be given her due for creating such a moving piece of art in the first place. I'm glad that by sharing it, I was able to touch so many people.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm sending the warmest hugs and so much love to you and Ian. I'm so sad, and very sorry that Mariella got so sick. How awful :(

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh my, she has some beautiful stuff, Amy0204, thank you so much for pointing us in her direction . . . . you are lovely with your kindest thoughts :)

I am just squinting sideways at the screen, pigjes, and Ian can't bear to look at all - I keep reading out all your wonderful comments here and he has been moved to tears . . . . and thank you again, BE AND everyone . . . you really have been wonderful :)

And a few more photos . . .

Mariella was always keen to help . . . especially with the grass growing experiment!

And very keen to test the results!

And she just about outdid Marigold in the widest rear stakes . . .

Competition was keen though - here they are, head to head.

And nose to nose . . .

Sorry, I can't squint at the photos any more for a bit . . . .

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Wonderful photo tribute to your beautiful princess. You and Ian are in my thoughts.

ottosmom

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl. Hugs to you and your other piggies.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I am so very sorry she's gone. Such a beautiful princess with such loving piggie friends and humans to care for her. I always loved seeing pictures of her beautiful self. She will be dearly missed.

RIP Mariella
God Speed Good Pig

Amy: That picture really tugs at my heartstrings. So sad, but so very comforting at the same time.

Topaz

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Oh my gosh, I am sitting here crying. Beautiful Mariella shouldn't be gone. :( Such a beautiful, sweet, and special girl. and it is just so puzzling, troubling, and heart breaking when they go like that. Why can't they live forever??? It's just not fair. Boy oh boy did she live the best life though, didn't she???

Ugh. Amy, that picture made me cry. All I could think about while I looked at it was my Brownie, Diamond, and Oreo...and how the other pigs in the cage just seemed to know and were mourning their passing just as much(or more) than I was.

Oh geez Mildred, I'm just sending all kind of loving and healing thoughts to all of you. *hugs*

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 pm

What wonderful pictures you have of Marigold. When I've had a pet pass, I've always looked at pictures of them taken in happier times.