A tale of one pig...and his new found slave!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:38 am

You can't have a more supportive community than this one for post-op nerves. Seriously, I would have lost my mind in December if it weren't for GL.

Good luck, Patrick! Paws crossed!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 am

Hoping for the best for him!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:28 am

Oh Patrick, we are all here for you and your mum, sending all good vibes and love xxx

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:01 am

Good luck Patrick, you cute little guy. Make sure your mummy feeds you lots of noms after the surgery!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Best wishes on a successful surgery and quick recovery!

tashab

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 pm

I second what Alden said - our Princess has had 4 surgeries for various things, and folks here are great about reminding you to breathe, etc.
Good luck Patrick - heal up well!

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Good luck Patrick!

Topaz

Post   » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am

Thinking of you, handsome boy.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Patrick, please feel better soon! :)

Fred_and_co

Post   » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Can't believe I forgot to update here - I have already updated his medical thread!

Monday was a horrific day, I dropped Patrick off and about 10ish I got a phone call from the vet to say Patrick was under GA and he had opened his bladder but the stones where not in the bladder. They were in the ureter, me and the vet chatted very briefly. He said he'd never did an operation like this before in a guinea pig but thought it was worth a try I agreed I have a lot of faith in my vet and the stones would have killed Patrick.

I thought the next phone call would be to tell me Patrick didn't make it. I was over the moon to hear Patrick was coming round from the GA he was under for between hour to an hour and a half, he really did go though MAJOR surgery, he is critical for the next 5 days. My understanding is the vet closed the tube with a stitch after removing the stones and the big question is will it hold, if it doesn't I don't suspect the outcome for Patrick is very positive, we're now 48 hrs after his operation and so far so good.

He's really perked up, I'm amazed he's eating and poo'ing tonight he must be feeling so much better.

He's Critical for 5 days, Saturday is Day 5, it's also St Patrick's Day if that's not a good omen I don't know what is!

xxx

Fred_and_co

Post   » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 am

I spoke to the vet today, Patrick is not out the woods till Saturday, he warned we're entering the most critical time. Fingers firmly crossed!

Mmmm..

xxx

clairey

Post   » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 am

You brave boy, Patrick. You have the right attitude - keep the noms going in and the other stuff going out the other end and I'm sure you'll be your usual sweet self in no time.