Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

Angiepiggie

Post   » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:46 pm

I bought my grids from Target. I ran into that problem, But I put coroplast over the big ones. And the small ones were just left there. So I want to also give a WARNING to the grids I bought. They came in a blue cardboard box and are white. I recommend to everyone to get the orange boxed grids. Meaning the ones that come in an orange box.

Mandy dew

Post   » Thu May 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Thank you so much!

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Lynx, I could try to get a clear shot of Batman pushing his nose through the grids on his cage. He can get his head pretty far (not far enough, thank goodness).

There is no way I'm putting H/B (rescue) in a C&C cage right now, he's too small. And I have the right size grids. I would feel like I needed to put coroplast right up to the top of the grid, and that's just no fun for anybody.

sweetrapunzelmeg

Post   » Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 pm

I have the five square across grid ssitting around, an entire box. I don't have the reciept. ANYway I can safely use these? Just curious. :)

rmeniteowl

Post   » Wed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm

I used mine to make a stand.

angrygreenfraggl

Post   » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 pm

This is an amazing topic, I only found 8 grids across but I will read all the reply's to see where people are getting 9 across. It's funny this topic came up because one of my little guinea pigs keeps getting through the holes. At first we didn't know how he was getting out then we watched and sure enough through the holes, now we've put a second set of grids to protect him from danger. Thanks again!

Boomer123

Post   » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:24 pm

I used the larger grids on one side so I wouldn't have to buy more and then covered them in fleece to keep him from getting through the larger holes. I also put his kitchen area against that side to keep him from throwing food and hay out of his cage. As you can see I need to also cover the larger grids on top since kitty likes to play with the hanging chew toys as well!

Magnolia

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

There is a NEW Target brand called "Safco."
I got two boxes in yesterday(20 grids per box, 40 grids). They are 9 by 9 across, and here's a picture with a ruler for reference.
I put it by centimeters... Oops! It's about an inch and a half square.
I'm not sure how safe this is, but I put it for reference.

(Note: I am NOT using these as a cage. I set up a playpen in my backyard and will be setting up another in the spare room. They will be supervised the whole time!)

Again, I don't know how safe these are and I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I felt the need to supply it for reference.

lisam

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Do you mean the grids are 9 inches by 9 inches, or do you mean 9 squares?

rshevin

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Oh HELLO there new new Target grids! It's about time!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 am

I am positive this will have been mentioned before but I thought I would point it out again.

Baby piggies can walk clean through the 36-8mm grid squares so if you suspect you have a pregnant sow make sure the lower portion of grids is securely lined with Coroplast or similar.

Swede81

Post   » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm

It's been a few months since anyone's posted in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post here, but lots of people everywhere are talking about grid sizes. Anyway, so I just bought grids from Staples that are 9x9 grids. They come 30 at a time for $39.99, but you have to buy the connectors separately. I want to say the connectors are 50 for $10.99?