Sooty and Smudge fly to Seattle

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 am

I'm so sorry for this complication! I hope they are okay and you get there quickly.

lisam

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 am

When are they getting here?

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I have the confirmation that they've arrived safely in LA. They are due to arrive in Seattle at about 8pm. I don't have any more information about my flights, but as soon as I get to LAX I'll try to buy myself onto the next available flight.

The 20 or so Perth people stuck in Sydney overnight are very put out by qantas at the moment. We found out that the flight we missed left over 30 minutes after we were told they wouldn't wait. One girl Im with is travelling to her grandmothers funeral, but even she was just bluntly told that nothing could be done. We are also VERY interested to know about how they booked us all onto a seemingly sold out flight tomorrow. And they won't even pay for our medicinal alcohol at the airport hotel!

angiemthomas

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Ugh i would be a nervous wreck!! At least you will be with them within a few hours, right?

Feylin

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm

They put the pigs on the plane without you? Yikes.

Can you call the actual place where they are being held? Not just the company, I mean. The office/building with the actual folks who are doing the work of caring for the animals. Then you can be sure the directions are given properly.

Did you designate an emergency contact person on your carrier? Someone they can call to come get the pigs or to tell them what to do?

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

I don't know anyone well enough to ask them to do that, Feylin. The pigs are flying a different route to me since they are going on cargo planes. They were on the Melbourne to LA flight before I left Perth.

I'm about to leave for the airport now, we were told to arrive 3 hours early. I've had about 6 hours sleep during the last 72 hours so I'm about to crash. It's a 14 hour flight to LA, then I'll try to figure out where to go from there.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:59 pm

OK, I thought you'd put your parents or something on there.

I hope you can get ahold of the place where the pigs are being kept so you can talk directly to them!

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you'll get this now, but am I understanding correctly that the pigs will be arriving in Seattle before you and will be waiting at SeaTac airport? Or someplace else? I might be able to get out there to get them some food if you know where they might be kept and if I'd be authorized to get in there for them. If you happen to see this message, please respond here or e-mail through the mailer and I'll see what I can do. I hope they're ok!

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 pm

I got your message and responded, thank you so much Capybara.

More bad news - there are mechanical problems on my plane for the Sydney->LA flight, takeoff has been delayed for 3 hours. This means I may well miss my connection in LA, which I'm still only waitlisted on. I just want to cry, I'm so frustrated that there is nothing I can do but wait.

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Ok, they fixed the problem. We (hopefully) are boarding soon after all.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm

I got your message. Responding right now. I hope I can get to your babies to help them out.

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Capybara, that is wonderful of you.