Sunshine meets her new friend

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Well good cibes for her then. I really hope things go smoothly and the father doesn't carry the roan/dalmatian gene!

scurvykate

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 am

I hope everything goes well with Lola's pregnancy, Supa!

clairey

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 am

Hoping it all goes smoothly for you and that they're all healthy. Hopefully giving birth to several smaller pups will be easier on her than one or two big ones.

Supa

Post   » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 pm

"Hi everyone! Don't mind me, I'm just checking out some nice spots to maybe settle down and have 4 piggy babies!!!

As you can see Ms. Lola has really developed some nice curves. :)
I am so nervous/anxious and just want this to happen!!!! I get so scared that it will happen while I am at work or even sleeping. The pigs are in my room so maybe I have myself trained enough to wake up if I hear any unusual piggy noises.

I'm convinced Lola is just trying to pack on the weight so she can pass for almost the size of her buddy! Sunshine is being so brave for Lola and took her on a nice tour of the cage once daddy had changed all of the sheets!

Nothing works up an appetite like a brisk cage jog!!!

I hope I will bring good news soon. :)

Supa

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Well I just home from work and thought all was clear. I went about cleaning the cage but when I lifted up the pigloo Lola was under I was shocked to find 3 baby pigs in there with her!!!

They are soooooo tiny and adorable. :) Lola seems to be doing fine and did her usual run away thing when I lifted the pigloo. Lots of water has been drank since I filled it last night and Sunshine doesn't drink much so it must be Lola.

I'm scared though because the vet said she thought she could make out 4 babies on the xray. There are definitely only 3 here and from the looks of how dry the piggies are and how dry the spot was where you can tell she went into labor, you can tell it probably happened at least several hours ago. I went to work at 7:00am and got home at 1:00 PM.

I need some advice on whether I need to take Lola in to make sure there are no more in there or if its been long enough? I don't know, I've just never done this before!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 pm

If the vet was pretty sure about 4, I would advise taking her in. If there were complications with the pregnancy, by the time she starts showing severe signs it might be too late?

Somebody confirm -- I have NEVER had a pregnant pig. I would at least *call* the vet I took her to and get their advice.

Supa

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I called the vet and am waiting to here back from her. I don't want to take any chances. I've read that there is possibly something they can give her to pass any unborn?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Piiiiigtures!

And best wishes to the new little mama.

Supa

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to say it seems like mommy Lola and all 3 babies are doing fine. Boy can they run fast already. They went from wobbly little walkers to speedsters in a few hours. :)

Lola rested quite a bit but came out to eat some pellets and has definitely drank more water. We have 2 Lola clones and 1 all black pig. Have not checked gender yet.

The vet got back to me and advised me that as long as Lola was not showing any signs of distress or abnormal behavior that she probably did not have anymore piggies. She looked at the xray again and said that there were 3 definites and possibly a 4th.

So either I heard her wrong at our last visit or she had told me wrong then. Either way I'm keeping a close eye on Lola tonight. This vet has been great. Without any prompting she said she would call me tomorrow to check up on mom and babies.

But I'm sure you'd like to see them. The first picture is pretty much what I saw right when I lifted the pigloo up for the first time when I got home from work. Sorry for the blurriness but they are always on the move!

clairey

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 pm

The Lola clones are so cute. I really love the last photo of the little black bub in motion though.

Supa

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey everyone, just a quick update. All 3 baby pigs are doing great. Boy are they full of energy!!!! I tried my best at checking the gender of each pig but in the end I just wasn't confident enough in myself to be 100 percent. A quick trip to the vet and 20 dollars later it turns out I was right on all 3 pigs. :)

2 females and 1 male. The little black female is the lightest and Lola clone female is the biggest. Our 1 little boy is right smack dab in the middle. I'm a little sad today because I am separating the male from the rest of the herd. He will have a more than adequate C&C cage and still be in the same room as the girls but I do feel bad.

Still it's better this way so I can take the time to find a good home for him and one of the females. We are keeping the little black one but still have yet to decide a name!!!

Lola has been a GREAT mommy to these pigs and still lets them crawl all over her even though I'm sure it drives her nuts. I myself have now grown used to 5 insanely loud piggies wheeking when my alarm goes off in the morning. Such is this life a pig slave...

SwtMelly

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Congratulations, and holy cow what I wouldn't do for a little dal piggy.