Sooty and Smudge fly to Seattle

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Not sure if you're able to check the page any longer, but we tried the contact numbers you gave us and had to leave a message. We will try again closer to when the pigs are supposed to arrive at the airport.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Ok, here is what's happening.

I hope we made the right decision since we can't contact you directly to ask, ilumiari. Mr. Capybara was able to get through to your contact here in Seattle. What would have happened was, a driver would pick up Sooty and Smudge and take them to a boarding location. Mr. Capybara asked what that would be like, and they said it was just a boarding area for animals. The pigs would have food, but we thought after the stress of such a long trip, boarding at a strange area possibly housing barking dogs and other animals making scary sounds might not be so good for them. So, we arranged for the pigs to be dropped off at our house. We have a separate room where we can quarantine them in a large Marchioro pet store cage away from our pigs. They will have kleenmama hay and pellets, fresh veggies and water.

WICharlie and lisam can vouch for us that we are not crazy people that are going to kidnap your piggies! When you get into town (early tomorrow am, I'm assuming?) you can contact us and we can either have you come here and get the pigs or we can meet you at your place and drop them off.

Whew! I hope this is ok and you don't mind. We're trying to do what's best for Sooty and Smudge. I've sent you the same info on e-mail.

angiemthomas

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Good job cabybara!! Bless you for caring for these pigs.
Let us know when they are at your house ---- fed, calm, and quiet.
I am sure they will enjoy the care with you.

I would have done the same thing. Glad they are with you overnight.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

I'll post pictures when our visitors arrive. Mr. Capybara will be happy to see them. I don't know if he read back to page one in the thread, but he really likes himi pigs.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Thank you, capybara! I am so relieved they will have a safe place to be. I was so worried!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Yay! What an adventure! I'm so glad they are in your hands (though temporarily), capybara! I am sure this is a relief to ilumiari.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Good job, capybara!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:03 am

Capybara and Mr. Capybara are very special people. :)

Sending good thoughts for Sooty, Smudge, and ilumiari.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am

I love this board so much. Last night when I saw the posts I bet somebody fabulous would come out of the woodwork and save the babies and look! Plus, now you guys can meet iluminari and know each other! What wonderful, wonderful people GuineaLynx-ers are.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 am

They're here!

I was afraid they might be terrified or lethargic after their long journey, but they are neither. In fact, as soon as they got into the cage they started squealing and chasing each other! I think they were just happy to be in a bigger cage and wanted to figure out who was in charge in their new place. They both started eating hay. They've also let us reach in and pet them already. I'd say they're doing pretty well.

Well, it's time to go make some dinner after our little adventure. (Actually we didn't need to do much other than make the arrangements. Sooty and Smudge came to us!)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:46 am

Awww! What a happy ending to what could have been a disaster!

angiemthomas

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 am

Oh cute, look at your new piggies! (just kidding!)

I sure hope ilumiari gets your messages! She should be landing right about now - if I read this thread correctly.