Sooty and Smudge fly to Seattle

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Yes, we did e-mail back and forth a couple times trying to figure out what to do. But since we weren't sure what was going to happen once the pigs arrived or what condition they'd be in, I wasn't able to tell ilumiari we were going to end taking the pigs. I suggested it before knowing for sure we'd be able to take them, but didn't get confirmation because I think she had already boarded her flight. There was no way for us to contact her by phone. I'm not sure if ilumiari was able to contact the people at the airport or not.

Feylin

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I think she had to have, in order for you to be able to just show up and get the pigs.

clairey

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:37 pm

I had a look at their Chronicle and they definitely usually have a bottle. Pic in this post

ilumiari

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:40 pm

You are an angel! Thank you so much! I'm on the flight to Seattle now, shaking from sleep deprivation but so relieved everything is ok. As soon as I arrive I'll try to pick up a sim card and call you, you are just amazing!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:59 pm

And we are glad you are finally in the States! You need sleep. Take care of yourself.

Feylin

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Your pigs are in excellent hands! SO glad you made it over. :)

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Yes!! Glad to hear you've made it to the US safely and are almost here. I'm glad you're ok with our decision to have Sooty and Smudge delivered to us rather than the boarding place. Please do call when you can, but don't worry about rushing. We don't mind caring for our visitors for as long as we need to while you get situated.

ilumiari

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm safely in Bellevue now, wondering where I get food not smothered in sugar and fat :) I'm waiting for my sim card application to get approved, and I've been searching for grids but no luck so far. I didn't risk driving home from the airport, but I'll pick up a hire car tomorrow which will let me widen my search.

I am currently acutely aware of my Australian accent. I am having more trouble than I care to admit carrying on conversations sometimes!

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi ilumiari! I'm glad you're here!

Don't know if you found anyplace to eat yet, but Boom Noodle is pretty good. It's in downtown Bellevue and there are some healthier Japanese fusion options.

Are you staying in Bellevue temporarily, or is your housing in Redmond? If you have your address and would like to get your boys tonight, we can drop them off with you if you can send us your address through the mailer. Also, if you need a cage, you can borrow ours until you're able to get your hands on some grids. We do have 8 extra grids but that's not quite enough for a 2x3. And we don't have any extra coroplast, unfortunately.

Anyway, even if you aren't able to contact us by phone, we've been sticking near the computer so we can arrange something that way if it's easier. I'll e-mail you this same information.

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:50 am

Capybara and Mr. Capybara just came past to drop off Sooty and Smudge and lend me a cage to use for the meantime as well as other supplies. I don't know what I would have done without them, their help was invaluable. I'm happy I got the opportunity to meet new people here too!

I noticed Smudge drinking from the teeny little water bottle, so we don't need to worry too much there. I'll go to Mud Bay tomorrow for a larger bottle and any other supplies I might need.

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:03 am

I think it's finally time for me to get some sleep. Thank you again, Capybara and Mr. Capybara. It was lovely meeting you, I hope I can meet your pigs sometime too!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 am

Yay for safe, happy pigs at home!