Pig Bang Theory

Topaz

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

Pedro looked like such a love. What a handsome boy.

And I have to agree, LOVE the sharing pic!

Ellisa

Post   » Wed May 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello, everyone!

A few days ago my family and I moved into our new house! We are all very happy to be here, and really love the place. Since the pigs don't have to be in my bedroom anymore, I was able to expand their cage a bit. Penny and Shelly went from a 3x3 C&C cage to a 3x4. Sadly, I think a 3x4 is as big as we can go, but the piggies seem to be rather pleased! They are lazy bums when they are in their cage, but once they hit the floor for play time, boy can they run!
Here's a picture of their new cage!

After I cleaned their cage today I had some free time. I decided to do a little photoshoot since I didn't have any good recent pictures of them. Even with food bribes they didn't want to sit nicely together for a picture. I was only able to get one decent shot of them sitting with eachother. It's not that good of a picture, they both look mad at me! I love their expressions! Here it is:

My poor Sheldon is camera shy. I did get a very cute picture of him, though! I can't believe how well he is doing since I rescued him. Other than the eye issues, he is looking so good! He's gaining weight every week! I love my little choco squish so much!

Now for my wild child, Penny. She is such a crazy little diva. She's so demanding and very spoiled! I'm so glad Sheldon is such a good boy to put up with her naughty behaviour! Even though she's a hyper hypo, she really is a mama's girl!

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures! I'm hoping to do a better photoshoot once things calm down from the move!

xw0lfie
Can't Stop Giving

Post   » Wed May 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Love the background with Sheldon!

moonfall

Post   » Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 pm

I have the same froggy fleece, although my bad girls have chewed up the edges.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Their new cage looks faboulous - they must enjoy having all that space to wander about. The last pic of Penny is lovely. She's so poofy. Sheldon is looking very well as well.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 12:03 am

Abby girls are the absolute best. Penny looks like she's full of the abby personality!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 12:07 am

Their cage looks great, and that size is fine as long as they get along. I think a lot of cavies would love to have an extra grid in width. Penny definitely looks like she has Abby attitude!

Topaz

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 am

I am finding out that Abby's are absolute loons.

My Latte girl is like a little spring. She's always boinking all over the cage. If I'm putting hay in there or cleaning or something along those lines, and my hand or hay or a blanket brush against her body(which happens daily as she's always right in my way being nosy), she flings around, bucks like a bronco, and runs off. Then comes back to do it again.

So fun to watch.

Ellisa

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

They seem to really like their new cage. I love having a cage that's 3 girds wide instead of 2. I wish I could make their cage bigger, but they get plenty of floor time everyday and seem to be alright.

Penny is definitely fully of abby-tude! She does the same thing as your Latte, Topaz. I always have a hard time sweeping poopies because she is always right where I'm trying to sweep. Her and Sheldon are the exact opposite, but I think that's why they get along so well. I have never had a problem with them getting along.

Piggywig

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Oh, I miss having an Abby! I love hearing about their antics. I'm glad your pair is so happily bonded! The cage looks great and I love the portraits.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I agree, abbies are funny little piggy with a stubborn streak and abundant energy to show you how they are determined to things their own ways!

I think your new cage looks lovely, they must enjoy it!
And not to mention I love your fleece for the cage! :)

Ellisa

Post   » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 pm

It was a lovely day today, so I decided to take the pigs out for some fresh air! The grass at our new place needs some TLC. The people before us never watered or pulled any weeds. I didn't want the pigs out on the grass, so I set up a blanket and their pen on a cement pad in the yard. They seemed to really enjoy it! I doubt that they ever had outside time with their previous owners. I took some pictures, so I thought I would share them!

I just want everyone to know that I don't let my pigs out with my dogs without a barrier of some sort. My doggies are not agressive, but I don't like to take any chances of someone getting hurt or stepped on!

Here are the pictures! Sorry, I'm not a very good photographer!

Sheldon saying hello to Archie

Penny saying hi to Bosley

As you can see from some of the pictures, Sheldon eye is acting up lately. The poor boy is on eye ointment again.