lethal for sale in Toronto

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 am

That's awesome! Marci pig sat my two girls last month, and she's going to watch Piggy again for me in August. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone in Toronto (am spending a few months here with my dad but really I live in NJ and go to college in Philly), but I have briefly emailed with Caroline who runs Piggles Rescue and can ask her if she would be able to pig sit him or know anybody who would. Or else Lana would be great. I'll shoot Caroline an email and let you know what she says!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I know Caroline is moving soon so I don't know if she can help. She's not taking any pigs at this time but I think if its temp she may do it. I wish I lived closer, being across the country unable to help makes me so sad for the little guy.

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:00 pm

I really hope she can help too, but I know moving can be a nightmare in and of itself. Lol just moving in and out of my dorm room every year is so stressful, and I'm just a student and don't even nearly have a full household of stuff or anything like that.

Kermie - I know you emailed the pet store and have confirmed that he is a lethal, but I'm thinking of still dropping by sometime later this week just to check up on him and see what kind of conditions he is in. I will report back to you and can try to take a picture of him, if you'd like. It's just going to be so hard for me to leave him behind. I really wish I could just pig sit this little guy myself, but I'm staying with my dad in his apt and there's just no room to set up a second cage for him. I really hope we can find someone to pig sit him for the next 6 weeks or so.

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Really great news, Caroline just emailed me back! Lana had also contacted her about the piggie and she is looking through her network to see if she can get him to NJ earlier, but in principle she said that she could probably arrange for him to be looked after until I go back if need be. So either way it looks like he will be making his way to NJ, now maybe even sooner rather than later!

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:26 pm

So Caroline is willing to call the pet store and ask them to hold on to the piggy for the rescue so that she can pick him up next week, and she is also going to ask them to give the piggy to her because they never should have been selling him in the first place. She doesn't go on Guinea Lynx, but she wanted me to find out first if anyone has been in contact with the pet store, for example asking them to put him aside or doing any other sort of negotiations with them, so that she doesn't undermine any communications that have already been made. So, has anyone else talked to the pet store besides Kermie?

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Thats great news!!!

Lana

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:08 pm

I've told Caroline that I'll pay the $10 plus tax & pick up the pig if they refuse to give up the pig gratis to her. I hate to put $$ in their pockets (especially since they advertise that they sell live feeder rats), but I do want to save this pig.

Caroline, for principle and legal-ish reasons, cannot pay for a pig. It would completely violate her relationship with the vets who provide care to the rescues, the funding she sometimes receives etc.

Anyway, I am confident we'll have this pig in our hand this week and then can get him to NJ.

Kermie831

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm

We told Ed he is getting a new brother. He seems excited, or he just wants more corn husks... we are never quite sure ;)

Timon however, is getting a good nap in before the excitement begins.

Thank you guys SO much for helping me, and this little man.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Ed!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

"Caroline, for principle and legal-ish reasons, cannot pay for a pig. It would completely violate her relationship with the vets who provide care to the rescues, the funding she sometimes receives etc. "

I totally understand that from a donators point of view. I have a donation program set up with her, 10% of all sales goes to her. I am so glad she can help, that all of you can help this little lethal.

Hi there Ed, your a cutie!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Aw, what a honey!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 am

He just wants corn husks. ;-)

I can throw in a little gas money here if it helps anyone.