Moving, think I will need to find a new home for my pig :(

emilyam19

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Allendale. It's about an hour from the NY border. He could meet you at a point along the way or make a detour. Let me know if this works out for the both of you. I'll try to get firm dates as soon as I can on when I would be in Richmond and when he would be driving to NJ. Also, should I provide a carrier (it's not a problem I would just need to know-beyond the water, hay, and veggies-what I should pack for the trip when I meet him in Richmond)?

Kermie831

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 pm

I guess it depends on how long he would be with you. :)

z123carleigh

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok, I can totally meet somewhere in Chester to pass on Elliott. I am in Richmond til the end of July, so I can meet up anytime before that. I just need to arrange it around my work schedule.

z123carleigh

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Also, you will probably need a carrier, I do not have one. I will, however, have a bunch of guinea pig supplies that I won't be moving. I'll have a bunch of grids from Elliott's cage, some hidies, water bottles, food bowls...pretty much everything in Elliott's cage can go with Elliott. I also have a large piece of coroplast about 3ft by 6ft.

Turns out I will will be shipping my other 3 guinea pigs via Delta's Summer Pet Travel program, without me. No checked animals allowed in summer (I've never flown before, I don't know about any of this!). So I will drop them off at the airport, in 3 separate carriers apparently, because they are older than 6 months, and they will be flown to Atlanta, where they will hang out in the Pet Room for awhile, then to Hawaii, where my boyfriend will pick them up at the airport. Their tickets will cost almost as much as mine! And I have to get their import permits and get them checked up at the vet to make sure they are healthy...Hawaii is very strict about guinea pig importation apparently.

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Just let me.know what day your boyfriend is driving up and what route he is taking. :)
And he will hang out here until his new siblings come for vacation and we will do intros to see if he picks anyone to live with.

emilyam19

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am

I should have exact dates by tonight on when we are in Chester and for how long, but it looks like from June 28-July 2 (or maybe the 4th). I have a pet store cage and an easy to assemble large pen (it has a water proof bottom and makes for a decent size cage in a pinch) so if your schedule works best to drop Elliot off earlier than when we leave I’ll have a place to keep him comfortable. I can also bring down plenty of hay and pellets (have tons of that) to keep him well fed. I know you probably have a million things on your mind getting ready to move so whatever works out for your schedule should be fine.

Chris (the boyfriend) says he will take 95 and the parkway. I don’t know much about navigating NJ, so I’ll get you both in touch so it’s easier to plan the drop off. I don’t know how bad traffic will be since it’s near a holiday, but I’m messaging you both of our personal info so everyone can stay in the loop. The only thing is starting this Friday until about the 28th, Chris will be with his family in Europe and will have limited access to the internet so he may not be able to plan well that week. I’ll definitely be reachable though.