The Southern Boars

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Adorable photos. You can see the pig's personality in how they put up with having to ear a hat.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue May 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm piggysitting this week, until Friday. This is the cutest little guy. I'm not usually for only pigs, but I think Oreo would tear the head off anyone who tried to encroach upon his family! He is the star of that show and his people love him to pieces.

Usually when he is at my house I have a little photo shoot with him. This one was for Easter of last year. He's not really that small, he was just bunched up. He was teed off because he didn't want to sit nice and still next to the bunnies for a photo. He is super loveable and loves to snuggle. Those are two of my favorite little bunnies ever. The show up in quite a few pictures.

oreoseaster by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

I don't know if I have any I can get to, but I should dig around for some holiday/Christmas stuff to surprise them with again this year... I've done that from summer visits with him in the past. Have a little holiday portrait set waiting for them before Christmas as a present. The hard part is keeping it under wraps until December!

Piggywig

Post   » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I got the Christmas photos taken! So sweet. Oreo went home Friday, and I miss him. I took this out of one of the photos. This is blurry, but I love it anyway. I love his face.

justoreo by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 am

Love the Easter pic!

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

This is nothing new, really, but today I am really missing my little guys at work, so to youtube I went. For some reason, this has the most views, maybe because of the name. It's back when Jester was still with us. Then I had three piggies who liked fruit; now I just have two. Smokey and Louie won't touch anything sweet. Louie won't even touch tomatoes.

But back then, on Fridays, the little cafe here would put their fresh fruit cups on half price, and sometimes we'd have a fruit party. This was one of those times. Sure miss my Jester, although Louie is a prince among pigs. A fruit-hating prince! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTWUGA_050

When Oreo's family came to get him, they asked to meet Louie, and he was such a gentleman. He let them hold him, he wasn't scared, and he was friendly and gentle, no hiding, no nipping, no peeing, just perfect behavior. I was so proud of him. And he really doesn't have any experience with strangers. He and Smokey would make great therapy pigs. I wonder what the process for becoming those is like... or if they even have that anywhere near me.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

MoonPie needs a personality transplant... any volunteers? Last night I had to take a rest (see the whining thread) between cleaning up his and Snicker's cage and putting the lettuce (dinner) in, and all he could do was chase and hump Snickers, chase and hump Snickers, chase and hump Snickers, all because the routine was broken.

Snickers was SO tired of this, fighting back, yelling, so when I finally got up to go get the platter of lettuce, I snatched MoonPie out and took him with me. I took him out and hugged him and called him my little twerp, and kissed him, and wrapped him in a fleece blanket and took him in the kitchen. He was SO ugly the whole time, biting the blanket, biting and jerking the blanket, constantly. UH! Even after a carrot nibbly, he went back to jerking the blanket with his teeth. Spoiled! So rotten. I put him back and gave them their dinner and then all was peaceful.

But if you interrupt the routine, all hell breaks loose. He is so mean. Even with full fresh servings of pellets and hay. Sheez. Anybody want a shiny pig with a butt mullet and no manners?

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Got to a store the other day and they had Timothy hay tunnels, so I had to get one for Smokey and Louie, because they chew a LOT. They go through their hay like mad, so much faster than the other boys. They were very excited about it, and munch munch munched.

haytunnel by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Then tonight, well, I found this red haaaat... and since Louie is my sweetest and most cooperative, well, he was my sweet little supermodel.

Workin' it.
louiehatleft by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

With full-on stinkeye.
louiehatfront by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Body shot...
louiehatright by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Ellisa

Post   » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Louie looks dashing in that cute little hat!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh my. That hat is just too cute!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 am

Omg... omg.. omg.. *thud*.

what... where... omg he is sooo cute!!!

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Thank you!!!! I love him so.

One of my best buds said he looked like Rerun from "What's Happening," a show that probably many of you are too young to even know about.

He kind of does, but he also kind of looks like he's about to go drive a little choo-choo train full of carrot cargo.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I remember Rerun but vote for the carrot choo-choo!