The Charlotte Chronicles

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 am

Once upon a time there was a girl. She was about eight years old, and she loved animals. Her best friend got a guinea pig, and the girl absolutely fell in love. She asked her Dad if she could get one. The answer was 'no'. She was devistated. A couple years later, she asked again. And again, the answer was no. Then she turned 12. She had just been to her cousin's house and seen their adorable hamster. She decided to try again. She asked her Dad for a hamster. He said he would think about it. She was SO excited! But, her friend with the guinea pig had had a hamster before. She tryed to dissuade the girl from getting one. Her friend's mother also advised against the hamster. So she went to her Dad and said she had changed her mind, and would he think about a guinea pig instead. He said yes, he would think about it. Not wanting to pay the pet store price, she immediately hopped on the internet, looking for a local pig at a lower price than her local pet store. After a few weeks of searching, an ad popped up. Someone was selling a female black and white abyssinian guinea pig, just two months old. Her prayers had been answered! Honest to goodness, this was EXACTLY the guinea pig she had wanted. But her Dad had not given her the 'okay' yet. She was scared that someone would take the guinea pig before her. She talked to her Mom, who advised that she tell her Dad she had found a guinea pig, and would he give her his answer now, so that the guinea pig wouldn't get adopted before she knew whether she could get one. So she did. He sat there for a minute, then smiled and said, "Yes, you may get a guinea pig".

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm

:) Next we need pictures.

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:17 am

Aww, I remember those feelings well! ... I think I once wrote a contract for my parents to try and persuade them. :')

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:19 pm

This is kind of embarrassing, but can someone please tell me how to post pictures? I remember there being a thread on how, but I can't find it. Thanks!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 pm

How to post photos

Looking forward to seeing photos ;).

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Thank you eschimpf! Do you think I can use Picasa?

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

The girl contacted the woman selling the little piggy, who wrote back immediately. She said that the piggy was still available, and that she and her husband were glad the girl contacted them, as they had been hoping for a good home for the 'li'l pig'. They corresponded back and forth, setting up a date for the pick up. The girl's dad brought the little piggy home on August 28th, 2011. She was promptly named 'Charlotte', 'Charlie' for short. It was no wonder she couldn't resist the piggy, because honestly, who wouldn't fall head-over-heals for this face:

She was quickly accepted into the family, and loved by everyone.

And thus, a new cavy crazy mommy was born.

poppycorn

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

She is just simply gorgeous... really, my heart is melting! ^_^

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 am

Aww. That is a crazy face. I love her one pink lip!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

No problem. I have to say *thud*... gasp... what a cutie!

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 pm

She is a cutie -- and boy, does she know it! I've heard that abbysinians have a distinct attitude, being quite the divas. Anyone who does not believe this has not met Charlie. She is also very photogenic.

But back to the story:

The girl continued to do research and came upon www.guineapigcages.com. The 'C&C' cages intrigued her, and, wanting to do the best she could for her little pig, she did some research. Shre really wanted to build one for her own piggy, so she put together a 'presentation' to present her idea to her dad. He was very interested, and said that she could build one if she paid for it. So she bought the cubes, called around town to find a coroplast dealer, and picked out some fleece, with the help of her siblings. This is what she came up with:

"Mommy looook! I haz an upstaihz!!"

She was a little timid at first, she kept trying to hop into my arms as if to say, "All right, I've checked this thing out, can I go home now?" So she hid for a bit, but after a while started to come around.

Can you find the little pig?

So this is the set up I had before the C&C. I moved my desk (I'm homeschooled) over into this little section, and put all kinds of things for her to explore in it. I would let her run around ever morning while I did my school. She really loved it.

She's such a spoiled peeg. :)

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:03 am

Thank you for the story, I like your new CC cage, it's great!