Pig Bang Theory

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Shelly's hair just makes me giggle.

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 am

Sheldon is adorable, is his eye all better now?

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am

Sheldon!!! Swoon.

Ellisa

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Sere, his eye thing is an ongoing issue. Sometimes it flares up, and sometimes it's not badly flared up but still very present. Lately it's been pretty good. I need to wash his eyes out everyday, though.

We just got back from the vet. Penny started spotting blood last night. We went in to the vet to get her checked out. She has a slight fever. She was given a Baytril suspension to take. If that doesn't show any improvement we are to go back in for x-rays.
Fingers crossed it's not stones. My poor baby girl. I'm so worried about her.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Sheldon is so cute and had to laugh at his room exploration experience. SOrry to hear about Penny. Healing vibes to her. How's her appetite? You may want to give her a probiotic (at least 1-2hrs after) if she's off her food.

Ellisa

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks GP_mum.
Her appetite is great right now. I've been giving her a probiotic, so hopefully she won't go off her food.

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 am

Get better soon to Penny <3 they do make us worry so sometimes.

Sheldon is just the cutest! :')

Ellisa

Post   » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated!

Penny is continuing to have problems. It all can be found on her thread in the medical forum. I set an appointment to have her spayed this coming Tuesday (the 31st). I'm so nervous! I have never had a cavy spayed before. I know it can be risky. I don't know what to expect.

Other than that the pigs have been superb! Sheldon continues to be awesome :) We really enjoy our morning eye cleanse sessions. After I wash his eyes out he wants a big cuddle. He's the sweetest pig I have ever had.
Penny & Sheldon are patiently waiting for our veggie garden to grow enough that we can harvest a sampling! I wish I could have a garden all year, but unfortunately it gets very cold in Canada during the winter. I am thinking about keeping some pots of veg in the house over winter. We are growing green leaf lettuce, a "spicy variety" of lettuces, cilantro, carrots, and beets (for the humans!). I never did any tomato this year. I want to try bell pepper, I've never grown it before.

Well, I guess that's about all I can share for now! Here are some pics!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 am

Adorable piggies!

Ellisa

Post   » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Thank you, pigjes!!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Yay, more Sheldon! (and Penny!)

Ellisa, sometimes I wonder if the cuddly gene is somehow attached to the chocolate gene. My chocolate boar was the cuddliest pig I ever knew. :) Sheldon reminds me of him.

ETA: Good luck to Penny on the surgery!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:14 pm

*knock*knock*knock*Penny.
Good luck!