The Charlotte Chronicles

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Posting this as an apology to PinkRufus and Lynx: I really and truly did not know that I wasn't supposed to post those breeders' pigs in the Cavy Placement forum. I'm TRULY sorry, if I had known I NEVER would have done that. :'( I'm so, so sorry. I feel really bad. . .

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm

I understand that you were only trying to help those pigs in bad conditions to find homes. They deserve good homes too. However, when you aide mill/irresponsible breeders, they will only be encouraged to treat more animals the same way. The show breeder who is giving the pregnant sow with an unknown background away for free, may have rescued that sow, but the fact that she is being given away for free isn't responsible. Because that would indicate that they don't care what kind of place the sow would end up in. What would they be rescuing her from if she could end up in a worse place? It's sad, and hopefully those animals will eventually find their way to a good forever home. Anyway, now you know what the placement forum here is for!

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 am

Yes, I understand it now. Thank you so much for explaining, I won't do it again!

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:50 am

And let me just say, I posted those two pretty shortly after one another, so it wasn't that I saw your warning and continued to do it. I'm not one to ignore authority, especially when everyone here has been SO kind and helpful with all my piggy-related questions. :) But thank you for explaining the breeder issue.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 pm

I actually didn't mean that as a warning, just an explanation as to why your threads were closed. I know you had good intentions.

Charlie is really cute! And that's a very nice cage you built for her.

Hunybee

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Ok I just started reading this thread, and my pigs are jealous. They want their own barn and stable, AND camouflage fleece!

Charlie is adorable!

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Humybee, my boys want toys, too! I need to go through my boxes of stuff and see what I've got that would be appropriate for them to climb on and in.

GuineaPigMomo1, you have inspired me! :D

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks guys! It was a pretty nice set up for when she didn't have the big cage. When she gets going, she is probably the biggest popcorn-er I have ever seen.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Charlie is gorgeous, she looks very happy with her new set up . . . And her special camoflague fleece! Brilliant :)

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:46 am

Happy 1st birthday to Charlotte "Charlie" Einstein, my little bundle of joy and love of my life! It's hard to imagine that I've almost had you a whole year! Here's to many, many years ahead I hope! (And hopefully to a cage mate) I love you little girl!!!!

Jorle

Post   » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

I'm loving that zebra print fleece. Very stylish!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Happy birthday Charlotte. I'm sure she must have had a special day.