Sunshine meets her new friend

AlisaPiig
Piig Life

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 am

I completely understand having a difficult time on random days when remembering the loss of one of those very special ones. It will be one year in June since I lost my avatar piggie, Butters, and all of a sudden I will break down at the memory of her final hours and how I found her. It is very painful and I remember every detail. But it was because of her that I found this site and can share with people that understand this connection, like yourself.

Lucy will never forget you, either! And you can celebrate her legacy with the special new ones that you have, they are so precious. I have a 'Mika' too, but her name is spelled Miikka after a hockey goalie. :)

Topaz

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am

I understand too, Supa. I think we all do. I've had 7 pigs now over many years(two still with me), but there are a couple that pop into my mind constantly and that I miss DAILY. You can never replace those special ones, the ones that you form such a close bond with, or the feelings that they gave you(and you, them).

That being said, I love ALL of my pigs, each is unique, and when one leaves me, they take a piece of my heart.

rpaws

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 pm

I have lost 8 guinea pigs to the rainbow bridge. I still love and think of them every day. Some days are good and other days are not so good for thinking about one of them.

I like to think there is a little part of them still with me because I know they took a little part of me when they left.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun May 20, 2012 6:21 pm

You meant the world to Lucy. You gave her an amazing life and she appreciated every second of it. Next time try to just be happy and proud of that.

She was a special piggy. I miss her a lot too. She has a picture on my fridge with the rest of them. It makes me sad to look at it sometimes but at the same time I don't want to forget her.

It looks like Sunshine has some awesome new friends. I'm glad she is happy and doing well.

Supa

Post   » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since my last post but I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words. They meant alot. Things are going pretty good here. The pigs were pretty scared after the move but are doing great now.

Their cage is in my computer room and I tend to spend alot of time there and the results have been good. More time with them and they are becoming more social because of that.

Mika and April are growing up so quick! It's hard to believe they are still under 4 months old. Mika is very brave and April is still the shy little girl but they both are taking treats now from my hand. This took some work but Sunshine had no problem showing them they had nothing to worry about. She has also been busy teaching Mika the finer points of cage munching!

Lola has really come out of her shell over the last month and has found her voice again especially when its time for breakfast. As I type this, they are all around their hay bin having nice snack. We pretty much know how we want to expand the cage and should be doing that in the next month.

Mika and April are popcorn machines especially when it is time for veggies. April also appears to be quite the lap runner. She has a pretty entertaining pattern when she does it, making sure she passes through each shelter in the cage. I am really looking forward to expanding the cage. I am basically creating a 1x1 hallway which will then lead into a 1x2 kitchen area. This will not only add on some space where they can escape if they are annoyed with each other, but it will also eliminate the need for their current hay bin which will then really open up the big part of the cage. Till next time!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm

What a nice bunch of guinea pigs! And it looks like you have a big cage for them!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am

Aww sweet. Also, I really like your hay bin! What a great idea! That makes me want to go grab a couple of those things. though I am thinking I will make hay hammocks to free up more space. So many cool ways to outfit cages!

Supa

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm

They loooove the hay bin but the funniest part is all 4 of them by far prefer to pull hay through the sides rather than just jump right in and eat it!

Supa

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Busy times here!!! I just finished the addition to the pigs' cage. It is a one square tunnel leading into a two square kitchen! This not only makes a little more room but eliminates the need for the hay bin. :)

But that is small news compared to the next thing. We have a new addition to the family. Say hello to Merlin!

We adopted him from an animal shelter and I must say he is the nicest and (now) the most happy bunny in the world!!! He is in our bedroom and whenever we are home he has free reign in there.

Potty training is going pretty well and he just loves to run around and jump in the air. He also likes to circle us if we are sitting on the floor. :)

Here is where he sleeps at night. The right grids swing open as a door to let him out.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Merlin is darling! You need to go post pictures of him on the general chat bunny pictures thread. I love his little hairdo.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:17 am

Merlin is adorable. Love his colouring and he sounds like a real sweetheart.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:42 am

So sorry for your loss! Love the cage setting!