Ramblings of the checkerboard pigs!

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 am

After having guinea pigs for eight years I cannot convey how utterly weird it is to suddenly not have any wheeks to hear, no licks, no nibbles, no cuddles.

There's no more, "let me get her, she's very shy" and a mad scramble to catch the tiny little baby guinea pig who fit into the palm of my hand.

No more watching her grow to become a ploom of fluff.

No more amusing moments... there have been plenty

I have taken over 4,000 photos of her and not one of them lives up to how beautiful she was... how comfortably she fit into my arms.

She had the softest piggy lips and gave the bestest kisses.

After eight years of wheeks and carrots and food and snuggles and hugs and drama and sadness, I feel so strangely alone.

Thank you all for being such wonderful friends. :-) <3

Ellisa

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Aww, my heart is breaking for you. I understand how you feel. After I lost my old senior boar my whole life seemed empty. I didn't even like the smell of my house anymore because it didn't smell like hay. That's when I decided I needed pigs and rescued Penny and Sheldon.

I am so sorry you lost Popcorn. Take comfort in that fact that you had a wonderful life together <3

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Such a lovely guinea pig she was.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to your lovely Poppycorn. She was much loved and will be missed by many here.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Claire! I'm so sorry! I'm crying for you...because we're some of the "youngsters" in this forum...and I just feel closer to you because of that. I'm so very sorry...and also that I didn't see this until now. You were there for me when Puffy died, and now I don't know how to be there for you. I can't imagine how awful it is, I know you loved Popcorn so, so much. I see her photos here and also on facebook, and I see your love for her. Now she's not here....*hug* please Claire, be strong :'(

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Gosh I'm welling up to hear this......I'm so sorry you lost your best friend so suddenly. She was and is such a beautiful pig with such personality. I always enjoyed her photos, I really did.

If I can be of some help, don't hesitate to contact me. My thoughts and heart go out to you.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:43 am

How terrible!!! Soooo sorry!

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 pm

I am so sorry, such a heartbreaking loss. Perhaps when you are ready framing that lovely picture of you and your Popcorn and hang it up somewhere that you can see it. She certainly left an imprint in you heart and that is something that will always be there.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm sending you so much love with tears in my eyes. She's safe and at peace. You were such a wonderful piggy parent!

Misscavylove

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh, no... :'( Not Popcorn. Please.
We'll all miss her so very much. She was a beautiful, amazing piggy and even though she is gone from our world physically, she will be with us in our hearts.
They better have carrots at the rainbow bridge or else she and Dusty are gonna throw a fit.
R.I.P. Popcorn. You will always be with us in spirit.

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you for all your kind comments. I just wanted to say happy new year to you all. I hope 2013 will bring you happiness and all the wishes you are wishing for at the moment.

We've just had a hearty meal and sorted out Thumper's eyes - they're quite poorly at the moment. He'll be 9 years old in April, which is madness! I've been a little worried about him but I think he's going to be okay.

I'm missing Popcorn a lot at the moment. A lot happened in 2012 and the latter part of the year would have been much more manageable had she been there. </3 I miss her.

Here's to 2013. Thank you all for being part of this great community and sharing your stories!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Aww, Poppycorn, what a lovely photo. I know how much you miss her xxx it is very difficult at times . . . .

What a great age Thumper is :)

Sending our very best wishes to you for this new year!