Gatsby and Ophy- The tale of two cat slayers

KaileighRussell

Post   » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:31 pm

***Despite the name these two have yet to slay a cat....yet...

I have two of the sassiest girls you could meet. Both are incredibly sweet to people, grumpy with each other and just all around fun. These girls are roughly around 7 months old and loooove their veggies.

Recently I added to my zoopartment and adopted a 5 month old black kitten named Bowyn. I was hesitant to adopt a cat with the two girls as they were here first, but Bowyn was young enough that introductions went very well.

I was very vigilant when it comes to floor time and before long I could be in the other room with the cat and guinea pigs for one reason: the girls beat the crap out of Bowyn when he annoys them.

During floor time he curls up in their play pen and sleeps while they popcorn, occasionally he tries to bop one of them when they go by, and that's when Gatsby charges him. The first time he ran right towards me like, "MAAAAAMMMMMM!!!! THE FOOFY ONE IS ATTACKING ME!!!"

Right now, the girls are on the floor and Bowyn is playing with a hay twist while Gatsby keeps running by and stealing it back because she's decided it's hers.

This is the coolest relationship I've seen with animals, the girls will be in the pen and come over and lay with him after they've run around and he goes to bed. They sniff him while he's lying there and they have gotten used to him walking around while they eat. The girls stay in the room when I'm at work and Bowyn gets so concerned if he can't go and check on his girls.

Does anyone else have any cat/dog cavy tales? I'm adopting a third male in a month or so and so I'm excited to introduce them again!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 am

I hope you have some pics too. Hahahah "Foofy one", too cute!!

I had a pig, who was loved well by all my cats. He used to sleep in their midst, as he was a free ranger. They used to wrap their paws around him.

KaileighRussell

Post   » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I do! I haven't figured out how to add pics on here but I do have pictures of him lying in the pen with the girls!

It's funny, and I think it's just because he's such a laid back cat, but he loves his girls. He never uses claws with them and never chases or bites them, which I was stunned by. Gatsby is just ornery I think, she seems to not like much of anything unless she can eat it!

I really really like the pig/cat relationship. My friend's guinea pig Charlie used to stay at my house and my golden retriever loooved him. So I'm excited for the girls to meet him. He'd just curl up on the bed with this big dog who would look at me like, "oh! oh! It loves me! This is love!"

Bowyn just looks at me like, "MOOMMMMM WHY WON'T THEY LOVE ME BACK!!!" I've tried telling that bopping them in the butt in the middle of them sleeping probably isn't helping his case...hasn't worked yet though ;)

KaileighRussell

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Today marks the second in the new C&C cage. Other than the fact the cat has claimed a corner for his naptimes the girls are loving it!

They've become much more social - being out more often and even coming to greet me in the morning! After the bloodbath in the smaller cage they've actually stopped their bickering! Not completely - there still is some rumblestrutting that happens. The second level is almost built - the rest of the grids will be in next week :).

I'm still looking at adopting a third neutered male from Piggles Rescue in Toronto - he's awaiting neutering. I'm so excited to be able to share my home with a pet in need.

I'm thinking about the future - and when I find where I'm going to live permanently, I would love to be able to dedicate a room in a house or apartment to just be able to foster animals.

That's all for today - haha - just felt like typing some thoughts out :)

KaileighRussell

Post   » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:14 pm

So today, my cat - Bowyn (aka the cat who has yet to be slayed) decided he's going to be a guinea pig...

I kid you not - he sleeps with the girls, plays with their toys...tries to eat hay and today he's decided that...

He's only drinking out of the girls water bottle...yupp...I caught him in the act with Ophy staring at me like "IM THIRSTY THOUGHHHHH" and Bowyn looking at me like, "I DO WHAT I WANT MOM!"

Never a dull moment..

KaileighRussell

Post   » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Last night I got the pants scared off of me. I had just fed the girls their lettuce and veggies and was sitting on the couch to work on my thesis paper.

Suddenly, I hear loud screaming coming from the piggy room, so I scramble up and run to the room thinking someone has jumped out of the cage (it's a C&C cage 14.5 high grid and 6' coroplast) or someone was dying suddenly. Expecting the very worst and burst into the piggy room....

To find Ophy - with all the lettuce sitting on the top of the pigloo, peeing on Gatsby whenever she tried to get close and Gatsby screaming like she was dying because she couldn't get any lettuce.....

I swear to god even the cat rolled his eyes.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Isn't it funny how sows can scream? I have boars, but they don't do it to that degree. When I pigsat two foster girls, they would squeal like: "Heeeelp someone is killing meeeeee!". And I would run in to find one of the girls took the cozy sak and the other was mad. I call it the "dramatic scream."

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 am

Your girls sound like they are full of personality and never a dull moment at your place. As to images upload them from your PC to photo bucket(it's free). Once loaded you have 4 lines of links to the image, copy the img line then post what you want on here then click on Img 2nd to last box then paste your link to image and then click on Img again and image is loaded. Can't wait to hear more. Hugs to puddy tat too.

KaileighRussell

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:46 pm

You have no idea! I didn't realize that you could pack that much sass into such a small package!

It scared me so much, but I couldn't help but just laugh at Ophy's face - she looked like she just figured out the 8th wonder of the world! They get their lettuce in this ball thing, and Ophy had got it on top of the pigloo. I have never heard her scream like that before - it was like she was being killed! I have to laugh now realizing it was just frustration.

They're definitely a hoot :)