Smart Pig

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

On a side note JoeJoe is a petstore pig (ashamed to say) and she has been in good health (knock on wood). I had to spend lots and lots of time with her to get her to this point. To see her progress has been rewarding and I am glad I can share JoeJoe's antics with the GL community. JoeJoe and Bean both are spoiled rotten and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of some companion cozy sacks from Marsha and the Cozy Cavy. Plus I could not resist but to also donate a bed to one of the rescues. JoeJoe, Bean and I encourage everyone to look into Marsha's donate a bed program she has going on right now. I hope that my donated bed gives a wiery, abused, tired pig some comfort and hope that they can someday call a home their own.
Thankyou!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 am

Hello there fellow GL members! I thank whomever moved this to the Chronicle Forum..wheek, wheek!
JoeJoe and Bean have a special friend that comes to visit once or twice a day. She is a little girl (a neighbor) who has some serious medical conditions (her name and medical condition is being withheld do to her privacy and HIPPA laws) and has been seeing my girls since I got JoeJoe more than a year ago.
It all started when I had brought home JoeJoe and put her on the grass to get some sun and mow the lawn. The little girl was playing outside and out of curiousity she came into my yard and asked what was sitting in the grass. I told her she is my new friend that she was a guinea pig and her name is JoeJoe. This little girl was very shy but I could tell she wanted to pet JoeJoe, so I offered to have her give JoeJoe some slices of green pepper.
These brief visits continued and I added another friend for JoeJoe named Bean. Bean was abused, left in horrible conditions and very scared. Bean is a skittish pig but that little girl would read to Bean and JoeJoe and now Bean responds to her voice.
Now the visits are more frequent and for longer periods of time. This little girl comes over with a smile on her face and cannot wait to see what the pigs got into. She loves to read books to them, and feed them their breakfast. In the afternoon she will sit in my bathroom on the floor while JoeJoe nibbles at her toes (gently) and she encourages Bean to run around or at least step out of hidding (which is usually behind the toilet).
To make a long story short is what I have witnessed is a bond between a little girl and her furry friends that will not be broken. She looks forward to her next visit, and will talk her mom's ear off about JoeJoe and Bean. The girls health has improved greatly which has resulted in less hospitilizations and treatments.
There are lessons learned in life and this one is a good lesson. That no matter what kind of animal it is (big or small) that it has unconditional love and it does not judge; each day is a new day and all is forgiven.
My furry friends have given me the gift of comfort, compassion, love, and understanding that humans simply cannot. I suffer from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and I count on my furry friends to help me through my PTSD. I firmly believe in pet therapy and I do have a little pet therapy going on here!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 am

Oh and I know everyone is anxious to see pictures of JoeJoe and Bean. Bean is extremely scared at the video camera and will run and hide; I will continue trying but if it stresses her out to much then I will stop for a short time. I just don't want her not to trust me as it has been a uphill battle to undo the damage of her previous owners abuse. I have full confidence that Bean will turn around and at least let me get a picture of her but she will let me know when she is ready.
Now JoeJoe on the other hand is very interested in the camera and will let me take pictures. I just have to figure out how to get the pictures posted on here; I am not computer savy so if someone would be so kind to explain how I can get the pictures posted I would appreciate it!
More adventures to follow!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 pm

In the Feedback forum there is a post explaining how to post pictures here. You have to find an online host that lets you display photos elsewhere. The thread there will explain.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 am

Haha! I love these smart pig stories! Have you ever seen a pig actually ROLL themselves into a cuddle-cup? Bc Chex does! It's so bizarre.

Love the comment about "temperamental pigs.". They certainly are interesting. Hehe! I have to share a cuddle-cup story. Spike had one of those windspirit extra large cuddle cups w the deeper sides and the interchangeable pad inside. When he would get mad-- not getting attention/his food/vet time, he would flip the cuddle cup upside down. Onto his back. And he would "turtle" around the cage like that, eating food and such, with the cuddle cup on his back. It was the most hilarious thing!

Can wait to hear more piggy stories and see some pics.

SwtMelly

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 am

Great stories, and so wonderful that you have Therapy Pigs!

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

SwtMelly- Yes it is wonderful that I can share my pigs with someone who can use some laughter and unconditional love. Athough to me sometimes they can be the most braty litttle "children" but somehow they know that they have to behave themselves when the little girl comes.
Anyway, I put JoeJoe and Bean in the bathroom for floor time while I finished up getting ready for the day. I was brushing my teeth minding my own buisness when I heard this goofy noise. I turn around and JoeJoe was by the door stopper (it has a spring in it). I asked her what she was doing and she just huffed at me; I think she was telling me to mind my own buisness. Bean was over by the toilet hidding and burring at JoeJoe. I went over by the toilet in attempt to reasure Bean then I heard that noise again, then Bean would burr in disapproval. I tried to get JoeJoe away from the door stopper but she put up such a fight that I gave in. Well I went back to finishing up brushing my teeth and that pig kept the noise going until I was getting a headache from not just the noise but Beans constant burrs of disapproval. No amount of "No" worked, neither distraction or picking her up and putting her elswhere in the bathroom helped. She was fixated at the noise, driving me batty, and scareing the crap out of Bean who is now screaming bloody murder for the nasty annoying noise to stop.
Anyway now I have a headache, JoeJoe is obviously happy with herself as she is popcorning and making happy noises, and my poor Bean is just sitting in her end of the cage giving JoeJoe the stink eye and chattering her teeth.
Me:0 and a headache JoeJoe:4 Bean:0 and traumatized

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 am

Just want to let everyone know all is well in the "piggie hood." I will take some pictures and maybe a video or two when I get my video camera back that my friend has borrowed.

I was cleaning out the cage yesterday and I had the girls in the cage while I unclipped the binder clips. Now apparently JoeJoe has been teaching Bean on how to dig at the fleece after I remove the binder clip; in fact JoeJoe sits and waits till I get the binder clip unfastened and if I am not fast enough she then will bop my hand in displeasure. Usually I remove my girls and put them in the carrier and do my thing while JoeJoe tells me to hurry up already by biting the bars of the carrier door (yes Bean has picked up JoeJoe's biting the bars behavior). Well yesterday they both decided to team up and terrorize me with digging the fleece. I tried and tried to shoo them away with my hand but they outsmarted me again and again. JoeJoe would go over to an area with no clips on the fleece and start digging while Bean was on the side that I was working on digging as I unclipped the binder clips. I would have to run on the other side of the cage to shoo JoeJoe away which resulted in more screaming and stomping and then I would have to run on the other side of the cage and shoo Bean.
Eventually I had to put them in the carrier and listen to them rattling the door and chomping at the bars. Of course when I am all done changing the cage I open the carrier door and they wouldn't come out of that darn carrier. I tried shooing them out which went over like a lead balloon, so I ended up using a piece of red pepper to get them out. I never expected that I would be so exhausted just cleaning out a cage.
It is funny that the only time they get along is when they are teaming up to terrorize me, and that is when Bean really comes out of her little shell.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 am

Good! We need more posting around here!

GuineaKidsMomma

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Your girls sound so entertaining! I can't wait to read more about their mischievous antics. Thanks for sharing them with us!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

Smart pigs indeed!! Can't wait to see them on a vid one day!

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi fellow Wheekers! Let me introduce myself, my name is JoeJoe and you all have heard so much about me..do you fellow wheekers think I am cute?