Smart Pig

User avatar
Supporter in '16

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 am

Good! We need more posting around here!

User avatar

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Your girls sound so entertaining! I can't wait to read more about their mischievous antics. Thanks for sharing them with us!

User avatar
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

Smart pigs indeed!! Can't wait to see them on a vid one day!


Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi fellow Wheekers! Let me introduce myself, my name is JoeJoe and you all have heard so much about you fellow wheekers think I am cute?



Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Now the top part of me, I have one pink ear and one brown ear. Mommy was letting me get some exercise in my play pen and I love exercise time!



Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry everyone this is my first attempt at posting photo's I guess I am going to have to practice more on resizing. At least you get to see my funny little monkey JoeJoe!

User avatar

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

So cute!

User avatar
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 pm

JoeJoe is adorable. Love her dual colored ears. I have a tri-colored abby as well. Her eye patches are larger and black though.


Post   » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 am

Don't let her adorable looks fool you; for her little size she sure packs a big attitude.
I figured I would talk about this attitude during a vet visit. JoeJoe I suspected had mites because she seemed to get really grumpy when I picked her up by hand and if I would wrap her up in a towel; she would scream bloody murder and jump like crazy. So I called the vet and requested a wellness visit for both Bean and JoeJoe. The ride to the vet was uneventful; I thought they both liked the ride. I arrived and was promptly put in an exam room.
The vet tech came in and asked me several questions while I was trying to get JoeJoe out of the carrier; JoeJoe let out a weak scream or two but finally she came out. Her appearance did not last long as she saw she was not at home and scampered back into the carrier. The vet tech left to go get a scale to weigh both my furkids. Well Bean was scared and let the vet tech put her on a scale without any protest; JoeJoe on the other hand was not to thrilled with this idea of getting on the scale. She decided to make things difficult and sprawl her legs out so that her toes were almost wrapped around the rim of the bowl and everytime the vet tech attempted to pick her up to try to contain the legs she ended up picking up the scale along with JoeJoe. Finally JoeJoe caved and just sat there giving me the stink eye.
While we waited for the vet to come in JoeJoe and Bean where content to keep close to me. The vet finally came in and examined Bean first without any protest; JoeJoe again had other plans.
JoeJoe decided it would be nice if she left the vet a big stinky pile of poop while the vet was feeling for any bumps and examining her skin for any evidence of mites. Then it came time to check the mouth and teeth. The vet tech picked up JoeJoe without a protest but as soon as the instrument was inserted the front feet shoved the instrument out of her mouth and then there was a couple squeals. The vet attempted again with not as much of a protest, just a huff in displeasure.
Then came the nails, I thought oh no we are going to have a meltdown but JoeJoe and Bean did not even blink an eyelash.
The vet gave Bean her treatment of Revolution and Bean was cooperative; not JoeJoe, again she had other plans. She moved her head left and right, bounced around and chattered her teeth.
Once the vet was done I returned my pigs to the carrier and proceeded to the reception desk. The receptionist asked how did it go and I said other than JoeJoe's attitude it went fine. The receptionist laughed and said how could that little thing cause so much trouble; she proceeded to look into the carrier and I said be careful, don't put your fingers anywhere near the carrier door; just as I explained this to the receptionist JoeJoe glared at the receptionist and started to chatter her teeth at her. The receptionist got the clue that we needed to get out of the office so she quickly gave me my paperwork and let me go on my way.
I got them both home and they slept most of the afternoon, and I also took a much needed nap too!


Post   » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am

Hello GLinkers, guess who is back..ready.. It's JoeJoe!

"Mommy was sick so we went over to Grandma's house so that Mommy could be watched and taken care by Grandma. Of course that mean't both Bean and I got spoiled by Grandma. Bean spent most of the day in hidding while I helped Grandma take care of Mommy. Here I am taking a much needed snooze in my new cozy sak at Grandma's house...I've been busy!"

Sorry photo bucket is taking it's time uploading photo's, so I will update as to what JoeJoe and Bean where up too while I was sick. I had been having problems with congestion, headaches, lightheadedness, ear pain and dizzyness so I went to the doctor and discovered I had not only a sinus infection but a double ear infection. I went to my mothers home to recuperate since I was so dizzy and I did not trust myself with taking care of my fur friends. Seeing how my mom knows the routine and loves her grandpigs it was no problem for her. Everything went well, I mostly slept and I asked my mom to wake me up when it was time for my medication.
JoeJoe was great at helping Grandma with waking me up in the morning by wheeking loudly at 8 a.m. faithfully, of course this is her usual time to eat her morning greens, but I did not need an alarm clock or if Grandma forgot to wake me JoeJoe took care of it for her. It was a big adventure for JoeJoe and Bean but I was glad I was able to have someone watch my girls and help me get around while I was dizzy. Anyway I figured I should update this thread and I am currently getting more picture together glad to be upright again.

User avatar

Post   » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am

Glad you are better!


Post   » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks Lynx, I am glad to be upright and not so dizzy as a I was; I was so dizzy there for awhile I needed help walking to the bathroom.
Since photobucket is being poopy with uploading photo's, I shall get busy this weekend and shoot more photo's that everyone is sure to enjoy.
My dad hates any animal that is not his own; he often shows his displeasure (if you are not looking) by teasing the poor animal. So before I even got to my mothers house I threatened my dad that if I caught him teasing or doing anything to my pigs he will be in the worst trouble he has ever been in with his daughter. He was not happy to have "rodents" or "those things" in his house and he voiced that to me while I was at their house recouperating. To give you all an idea as to why I don't trust my dad with any of my animals is this: while I was living with my parents I had a little dog, well I was in bed still sleeping early in the morning during the winter and my dad let my dog out in the freezing cold while he snowblowed the driveway. Well I got up because of the noise the snowblower made, went downstairs, found out that my dog must be outside and I let her in. Not only was she cold but she smelled strongly of gasoline. Well I ended up taking her to the emergency vet and I also ended up with a very steep vet bill.
So now everyone knows why I do not trust my dad at all with my animals. Well while I was in the bathroom doing my buisness, dad decided it was the perfect time to tease my JoeJoe. I suddenly heard JoeJoe shreak and squeal so I opened the door slowly to catch my dad in the act. What I saw was JoeJoe at the bars of the cage and my dad was sticking his finger in the cage and annoying JoeJoe. JoeJoe suddenly had enough of my dad's teasing and bit as hard as she could on his finger. I heard my dad yell and I ran into the pigs room and escorted my dad out of the pigs room while yelling at him.
Not only is my dad in the dog-house with me, he is in the dog-house with my JoeJoe and my mother. He says he doesn't like rodents and I said well I am sure my rodents don't like you either so I guess it's mutual. JoeJoe got extra nummies that day, plus extra ear scritches from Grandma..good girl JoeJoe!


Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Today is friday and what does friday mean...weigh in day!!

Mommy can I have my breakfast now?


Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Hurry up Mommy, can't you see that I am starving!


Please click on the image as it is a video; also any ideas to stop this as I am afraid the glass bottle may fall on the floor, she also does this at night when I am sleeping and I wake to find the bottle tilted..brat!!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm

All I can think of is lowering the water bottle one grid and wrap the holder higher of the bottle. She's a cutie!

User avatar
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Hahahah, "someone" is having fun with the bottle *cough cough*


Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I was thinking about lowering the bottle like CCC suggested, I also got some bungy cords; She does like to play around with that water bottle, gets water all over her face and up her nose, then she starts hooting, then I have to encourage her to cough/sneeze then she is fine. She sometimes scares the crud out of me!

User avatar

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Like I posted on the pigs fan page, I tie mine with strips of fleece. It stops any slipping because I tie them super tight. Good luck!

User avatar

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Your piggies are real characters, Crazy4me! She is funny with that water bottle! I like the idea of fleece ties, what a great idea;)


Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses, the fleece ties only lasted a day as I found the fleece rather chewed up; she thinks she is smart by doing her damage at night while I sleep..brat! Stay tuned for a waterbottle challenge update, JoeJoe may have thought she won the battle but I have other plans!!

Post Reply
54 posts