Everyone Needs A Little Fairy! Part 9

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Haha! It does look as though I have suddenly sprouted three hands, now that would be magic!

I should have added Ian's hands to the 'credits'!

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Mildred - lovely pictures. Can't wait to see the Christmas shots!

I don't mean to disrupt your post, but just wanted to add that not all piggies are as special, and calm as yours seem to be! I tried your wrap technique with my piggies prior to their teeth trim, and they would have none of it. They absolutely HATE being on their backs. I have to use whatever position they're comfy in for the moment and just snip or clip. Their position of choice changes every time.

Oh, silly pigs!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Hehe! You just need a sprinkle of Fairy Magic on those wriggle-pigs!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Wonderfully illustrated tutorial, Mildred!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Very educational pictures. I like the use of the rolled up fleece to support the piggy. Right now I hold the pig against my chest while their godma trims nails. However, this looks like a workable alternative as well.

I have 1 pig that cannot be bribed and hates to be restrained. Thankfully, with patience and regular trimming over 1 year, she's become better.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 am

I wish I had seen this earlier tonight. I am now nursing a bite on my forearm from a less than enthusiastic Hermes who had a couple of nails in bad need of trimming. I think I had let them be last time because he tried to bite me then. This time, he got me...but I got the nails! Next time, I will try the towel technique and get an extra hand or two to help. (And no...he wasn't hurt in the process. He just didn't like me holding his paw).

Baba

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 am

Mildred - Can I send you my piggies? I have only two
hands and I see that a third hand is really useful :-)

wibster1

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 am

I know I shouldn't laugh but Amy's post made me giggle! My girls don't like being restrained either and wriggle like mad. Now and then my husband holds them and I'll cut the ones that are needing done at that time but other than that I take them to the vet. I really envy people that can manage it themselves!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am

I didn't even notice the third hand. But that's cheating!!

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't get bit but I cannot wrap JoeJoe up in anything as she goes nuts; she doesn't like her nails being trimmed and will make short sqeaks or will hiss at me.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Oh goodness, what a lot of naughty piggies! feel free to post them over to me for some training! If I can't get them into shape don't worry, Ian is a very good Bear Trainer (!).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 pm

I was thinking what a cheerful, sunny place your vet's office was when I realized it's the piggery!!