Smart Pig

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I was thinking about lowering the bottle like CCC suggested, I also got some bungy cords; She does like to play around with that water bottle, gets water all over her face and up her nose, then she starts hooting, then I have to encourage her to cough/sneeze then she is fine. She sometimes scares the crud out of me!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Like I posted on the pigs fan page, I tie mine with strips of fleece. It stops any slipping because I tie them super tight. Good luck!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Your piggies are real characters, Crazy4me! She is funny with that water bottle! I like the idea of fleece ties, what a great idea;)

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses, the fleece ties only lasted a day as I found the fleece rather chewed up; she thinks she is smart by doing her damage at night while I sleep..brat! Stay tuned for a waterbottle challenge update, JoeJoe may have thought she won the battle but I have other plans!!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 pm

I love the one pink ear.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am

I do too Alden, the pink ear can go from a light pink color to a bright pink color; I wonder if it has to do with their body temperature. Someone suggested to name her Sundae because she has white, brown, and carmel color fur plus the pink ear but I like the name JoeJoe better; Sundae is too original.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 pm

I have the x-mas spirit of giving, do you? The little girl in my neighborhood who stops and visits my girls had a second bone marrow transplant, which required a long hospital stay. During the time that she was gone I noticed Bean appeared to be lonely. I have tried everything to get JoeJoe bonded with Bean but poor Bean ends up with bites and scratches. I financially cannot afford 3 pigs, so I had to quickly think up a plan to resolve Bean's sadness. I talked with the little girls mother, and asked seeing how her little girl is bonded with both of my pigs if she would be willing to take Bean and get Bean a friend. She had to talk with her daughters doctors first but she thought this would be a great idea as her daughter has been begging for a Guinea Pig. Well the doctors had no problem with the idea and in fact recommended that she has a pet of her own as that is all she talks about is JoeJoe and Bean and because her spirits have been much better with her JoeJoe and Bean pet therapy; a new pig would have numerous benefits to her.
Well, her mom and I went to the humane society with Bean so that Bean can pick out a friend of her own. There was numerous candidates to choose from, but the last pig Bean loved. The staff at the humane society agreed that Bean seemed to have found her friend, but we wanted to be sure, so the staff was nice enough to put Beans piggy friend on hold, so that we could get the cage set up and the playpen too. A couple days went by and Bean and I along with the little girls mother went and picked up the new addition. Her name is Allsorts; she is a sweet loving Abby, with hair going allsorts of ways.
The little girl came home to a suprise; two guinea pigs! I gave her mom the GL website, plus I offered my services like bathing and nail clipping to them when Bean and Allsorts needed it.
It has been a couple of weeks and Bean and Allsorts have become the best of friends, sharing cozies, eating together and sleeping together.
I gave Bean a gift of a friend and I gave the little girl a gift she has been wanting for a long time. Don't worry fellow GLinkers, between the little girl and her mother they will be taken care of.

I also want to say, please become a bone marrow donor; it is such a simple process. I am on the bone marrow donor list; and I recently got a phone call stating I was a match for someone in need of a bone marrow transplant, so now I am taking medication to boast up my bone marrow cells in hopes that my bone marrow may just give a person who has a horrible disease a new life..a new birthday!! So please cross your fingers and paws that this process works out. I do not know the recipient, but will have some basic info as to why the recipient needs the bone marrow transplant in a little while. I do not want any special treatment or my name plastered in a newspaper, nor do I want to be in the news; I am a private person and there are so many others who donate their bone marrow cells to others that need them that don't get their name in a newspaper or they don't get on the news; our satisfaction or "thankyou" comes from knowing we gave a sick, dying person life again, an dthat they are doing well.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Wow! How generous! And how everyone benefits is wonderful :))) Big pats on the back!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Thankyou, I am glad my furkids are happy now that Bean has a friend, in fact she has been a lot more active and popcorning more. JoeJoe is not the type to cuddle (which Bean loves) and really is happier by herself with the attention I give her. The important thing is that I tried to bond Bean with JoeJoe and that I realized I couldn't financially give 3 pigs what they need and having 2 (Bean and JoeJoe) was hard financially; it would have been selfish of me to keep Bean, not give her a friend; or give Bean a friend and risk their health and well being
Truthfully it was a hard decision, I did not want Bean to be unhappy but yet I knew that in order for Bean to be happy she needed a friend. A hard decision was made easier by sharing the love that I have with my pigs with someone who will benefit from the love of my Bean and her new friend Allsorts.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 pm

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to how well Bean and Allsorts is doing. They are doing splendid, they are eating together and sleeping together. The little girls mother reports that her daughter is doing well and adores her new furry friends; she continued the tradition of reading to the pigs. Her mother is really good with the pigs also, she requires her daughter to be on the floor with the pig in her lap, and the mother is the only one who can get the pigs out of their cage.
To say the least I am happy for all of them:)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm

That sounds wonderful :)

Breadfan4

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

What a great story! So glad they're doing well!