Moving to Germany

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 pm

I want to bump this up and ask a question. I've had a person contact the rescue to take their pigs because they are moving to Germany so I'm trying to get all the facts straight and cut and paste some information to show them how easy it is to fly them.

Did you, the original poster, fly them on your flight or was it on the Continental PetSafe flight?

PiggiesnPuppies

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 pm

It was through the United/continental (they merged) petsafe program. I did not accompany them on the flight, they actually came in the day after us in a different city (we flew onto a military base), They were kenneled and cared for for one night in the states (I wasn't charged extra for that) and they cam in and were let out of their cage into a pen at the animal lounge at frankfurt airport until I picked them up, feel free to send me an email if you want, correspondance here is fine too.

PiggiesnPuppies

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

It was super easy. If they are flying into Ramstien I would be willing to help them!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Thank you! I had to leave her a message telling her I had a way to get her pigs into Germany but she hasn't called me back. I hope that doesn't mean she's not serious about taking them and still wants to dump them.

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 am

Yeah, people get their minds set on something....

I find it awesome that both Piggiesnpuppies and Feylin got their animals safely to Germany. Frankfurt's airport pet lounge sounds incredible. Too bad this isn't like this everywhere.

PiggiesnPuppies

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 pm

What is kind of sad is most people think I am nuts for moving my guinea pigs to Germany! I think it is nuts not to move your pet with you!!!

STF if you do get in touch and she wants to fly them let me know, I can send you the links to the paper work she will need to have completed by a vet and signed by the USDA office.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm really upset because when she first contacted us she was all "oh, I am so sad to leave them behind but Germany isn't pig friendly, you should see what we have to do to get our dogs here...blahblahblah" Now she won't return our calls.

Myndy

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm

I think some people just value one pet over another slavetofuzzy.
Some people will go to greater lengths for one pet over another.
Its sad for me when I see that. I look at it like valuing one child over another.

PiggiesnPuppies

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 am

If she is Military then she is full of crap about how hard it is to get a dog here, esp. after what I went through!!! I had to drive from San Antonio to Baltimore to catch our flight but our dogs had to be treated with prazaquantal (spl?) within 4 day before the flight and we had to get our heath certs done, so basically we had to drive to Baltimore and stay in town for 3 days prior to our flight to get the dogs and pigs health certs, I then had to drive 3 hours down to Richmond VA to get their health certs signed and stamped by the USDA (which took 15 mins) then drive 3 hours back to the hotel the daty before our flight out of the country!!!
She if full of it unfortunately. If you love your pets you will do whatever it takes!!! That is so sad she is probably going to dump the poor things on CL.