Bouncing Boars

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am

They are all gorgeous! Healing wishes on the way for that poor little toe xxx

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Little Guy.. You need to come here and become a Schimpf Piggie. Your just so CUTE!

Healing vibes for that toe, what an ouchie.

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 pm

eschimpf, the Little Guy is up for adoption... ;)

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:46 pm

No Christmas photos to share, but a few lovely shots of my Bubble:

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Bubble just made my day a lot better:)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:45 pm

I love a closeup nose shot. :)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 am

So pretty!

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 am

Bubble's foot is all better!

He's still walking on the outside, but the swelling is all gone and he doesn't react with pain when I press on it anymore. So I'm calling "healed"!

Sadly, he can never live with his brother again. I've tried a few times in the last while, and every single time Squeak challenges Bubble and chases him around the cage. There's nose-offs and lunging and poor Bubble ends up trying to climb out of whatever enclosure they're in. Doesn't matter the size of the space, either. Yesterday he was crying when I rescued him, and he kept telling me how horrible Squeak is after I had him safely in my arms. Took him a while to calm down, and they'd only been together for maybe 10 minutes. :(

(Squeak chasing Bubble. Not yesterday, by the way. Yesterday they were in a really big space.)

(This is Bubble in the foreground, begging me to save him from his brother. Not yesterday, by the way. Yesterday they were in a really big space.)

(Squeak on the right, during a nose-off. Not yesterday, by the way. Yesterday they were in a really big space.)

Moving right along...

You know who DOES get along really well?

Batman and Bandit (the Little Guy; he really isn't very little anymore, what with closing in on 1400g and all, even if his little compact body is smaller than the others')!

(Look at how much bigger Batman looks! You'd never guess he's a good 100g lighter!)

Here are a few shots of Bandit on his own:

(Dude loves his hay.)

(Check out those beautiful markings! He's such a handsome fellow!)

And, of course, I have to finish with some glamour shots of my Batman.

(Look at those lips!)

(He's cleaning himself, I promise.)

(I admit to being fascinated by his bum.)

(This is from a few weeks ago. He checked out his cave first thing!)

Health-wise, they're all doing well. Batman's slowly getting back up closer to 1300g. Bandit, as I said, is closing in on 1400g. Squeak is over 1400g and happy to stay there. The one I'm a little concerned about now in terms of weight is Bubble, as he's down around the same as Batman. I can't figure out why, either, as he's eating the exact same thing as everyone else. Also, Batman is drinking like twice as much water as everyone else, which is weird. I'm keeping track of water intake - one thing that's good about everyone living separately, I guess!

At some point I'm going to try Squeak and Batman and see how they do. I already know Batman and Bubble can't be together, but maybe Batman and Squeak. I know Bandit and Batman would be lovely cagemates, but of course the problem there is that Bandit isn't a permanent piggy (or at least, he's not supposed to be). He's a foster (web site for the rescue is nearly ready) and will hopefully find a new home. So I just let them play together sometimes.

dellybean

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Yay for healed feets!

That one photo with Bubble's eye in the foreground and Squeak in the background is priceless!

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 pm

I know, you can see his thoughts in just that one eye! :D

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Bubbles is sooo cute! I've dealt with a broken toe as well, not fun for the poor lil guys.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 pm

They are all looking so cute!!