Guinea Pig Math Schimpf Style.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am

She is so cute, I love how her whiskers are curly and going in all directions.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 am

Oh, what a sweetie! I vote you name her Eve.

I cannot imagine Reko will be anything but thrilled.

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 am

Oh my gosh they're all adorable!

As I scrolled down through your pictures, I kept thinking: I love that one, wait I LOVE that one too, no wait that ones awesome too! They are all so different, you have quit the variety!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 am

Your guinea pigs are so adorable!!!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

I like the name "Eve" for her :)

Beautiful pictures - did you take them with your new camera? They are very clear.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 am

Nocableissafe: Yes I did :). I love how crisp the shots are. So nice to have a good camera again.

As for Eve, sadly that name wont be added to the maybe pile as I still miss my old gal Eve too much to reuse the name:

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I completely spaced your previous use of that name, eschimpf. I am so sorry. Hope I didn't rip open any sore spots :(

She looks like a delicate little flower. I think she needs a flower name, like Violet or Lilac.

Sabrina just popped into my head, too.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 am

It's ok. I'm really leaning on the name Nima (pronounced Nee Ma), but I also like Rosabella too.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Rosabella!! She is super cute.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 pm

After asking Momo, I decided on naming our new skinny girl...

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 pm

So cute!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 am

I know I'm probably going to get some slack from people here. It was hard to do but here is some updates.

As so of you know from Cavy Chat, Mizty is a wild pig. After trying to demolish Reko's cage during floor time and beating up Romeo, which resulted in a good scare to Aolani, I contacted Kat at the rescue. Trying to figure out what to do with Mitzy. I'd never seen such an aggressive sow before. Kat and I talked back and forth about Mitzy going to her. She has her personal sows she wanted to try with her and if that didn't work out she has the room to house her in a non pet store cage, something I don't.

The final decision was left to me and me alone. I contact my family, asked some friends and everyone agreed, I was not abandoning her, I was giving her a chance. I still feel like such an hypocrite giving her to Kat.

Wait there is more to this story, I let Kat take her in exchange for fostering two 12 (now 13) day old sows. Their mom stopped caring for them and their siblings (5 total). She also stopped eating and became very ill so Kat had to remove the mother from them.

Satu was 109gs when she came in. Just a wee thing. Her sister Thora isn't much better at 145gs.

The other part to them coming is that once they are big enough, I'll be trying each with Reko. So this is kinda like speed dating... very slowly. We are going this route because all the other females currently at the rescue are either too sick, too young, about to pop or part of her personal herd. This gives Kat a bit of a break (2 less mouths to hand feed and watch) and it gives me two girls to try with Reko in a while.

Here is a photo of them:
Thora (left) and Satu (right).