Beach Boys in Colorado

AnnetteH

Post   » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

This is the story of four brothers who were abandoned in California and found themselves in Colorado. Some of you may recognize them from posts on the Orange County Cavy Haven Facebook page. Their names have been changed from their Hunger Games originals. I will refer to them in this story by their new names to avoid any confusion.

Here is the original post I saw.

These four boys were abandoned as a family. They are very bonded and we'd love to see them go to a wonderful home together. If you have room in your heart (and home) for these four boys, please contact ----. They are located some distance from OC but, if you can help us help this family stay together, we can work on transport.

So let me give you some background. We have had three piggies over the last nine years. Some of you may remember Rodney, the world traveling pig.

viewtopic.php?p=959075

Rodney left us about 7 months after moving. He was 4 ½.

Six months later came Toby, rescued from a Craig’s List add. The parents decided to get him for their two little kids after the family dog died. It only lasted a few months and they were bored of him. He lived for 1 ½ years with us but was never very healthy.

Two weeks later we had Molly.
She came from my mom’s hairdresser. (Another case of misinformed parents.) Molly is now four and the queen of the house. Two years ago we moved to a new and much larger house and since then she has had two cages. She has a 2x5 “Palace” in the walk-out basement as well as a 2x2 “Pent House” in the family room. If she hears us upstairs, primarily cooking dinner, she throws a tantrum until we come get her and bring her up to be with the family. I’ve often thought of getting a companion for her, but before we had the bigger house we really didn’t have room for a second cage if things didn’t work out and the idea of introducing them and trying to get them to like each other scared me.

A few years have gone by, and Molly is very happy and well adjusted. Then I saw the boy’s picture and story and fell in love with them…

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:39 pm

So many lovely peegs!

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:12 am

Gorgeous.

AnnetteH

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Part Two:

I felt very bad at the thought of the brothers being split up. I wrote to the Orange County Cavy Haven and said if they really really couldn’t find someone to take them I would consider it if they could bring them part way to Colorado. A few weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. Then they posted on facebook once again that the brothers still didn’t have a home. I called California and asked if the rescue could drive them to Las Vegas. It is only an 11 hour drive for me. They said yes and we arraigned to transport them in three weeks.

They were immediately moved from the rabbit shelter, where they had been since August, to the Orange County Cavy Haven. From what I understand it was about a four hour trip and they spent the next three weeks at OCCH.