Continuing Life In The Pigpen

goosey1019

Post   » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:38 am

Oh my goodness. The first and last photos killed me. I just want to scoop him up and snuggle him so bad. :)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 pm

That photobombing picture is the best thing EVER. He really got right up in there!

clairey

Post   » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 pm

It's a great 'typical Bobs' shot.

I had a bit of a scare with Stephen last night. He seemed to be having great trouble with his back legs (I posted in the medical forum). However he was back to normal within a couple of hours and is full of pep today so I'm hoping/assuming he'd twanged a something and it's gone back to where it should be. I'm keeping a close eye on him for any signs of arthritis or whatever though.

After the drama, life continues at its usual pace.

*lickety-groom*

*yawn*

Zzzzzz

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 pm

So glad that Stephen feels better today, I bet he did twang something. Robert I see is being on his best behavior so far, or is he full of mischief?

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh dear, Stephen! I am so glad you are feeling better today xxxx

The pair of you are so lovey-dovey :)))

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm

I can't use words to express how your pigs make me feel, Clairey. And what a lucky slave you are to have had two such companionable pairs of boars!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 am

Eeeee! Bobbins yawn with little pink Bobbins tongue!

Your pigs never fail to make me smile, clairey!

Glad to hear Stephen is doing better.

After much studying of Bobs photos, I have come to believe that Bobs' charm lies in the perfectly symmetrical white halo of fur about his black face.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:34 am

glad to hear that Stephen is better. Must be such a relief. both of them are quite the picture of domestic bliss.

clairey

Post   » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am

I do count myself very lucky to have had such good boar pairings. I know it's against the odds to have struck gold twice. I put it down to Stephen's remarkably even temperament since he's the common strand. I get tempted at least once a week to send a photo of them together to the shelter Bobs came from going "LOOK! The "horrible devil pig" that you forbade me from ever introducing to another pig is actually really social and not even very dominant, you idiots". I would if I thought for one second it would make them re-think the way they evaluate pigs. However, I know it absolutely won't and they'd merely get ticked that I ignored them and make my life more difficult if I try to adopt again.

Bobbins' white face bits do lead to confusion every so often thanks to the white stripe he also has on one hip. Only last night I fished him out from under the fiddlesticks, only to realise that it was his bum I was about to smooch.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am

Bum smooches can be nice too!

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 am

hahahaha that photobomb is ace! I can't stop chuckling :D

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 pm

ZOMG LITTLE PIGGIE TONGUE!!!!

There is a rescue near me (not Thistle) who seems to think that the meer thought of pairing two boars will cause every guinea pig within a two mile radius to fight. I've been given their contact details in case I need to find another pig to be Scribble's companion, with strict instructions to keep Scribble's existence a secret or to go in with a lot of evidence to suggest I want to keep them separate forever.

Sigh.

It's so nice to see Stephen and Bobbins getting on so brilliantly. I hope Stephen's little slip with his hind legs won't repeat itself.