Life according to Alice

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Hey You Guys!!!
I learned a new trick. My daddy has worked with me every day at treat time and after two weeks of intense training....
Yay! I can climb up like Latte does!

Speaking of Latte. I think she really likes living with us. She purrs for Mommy when she pets her and actually lets Mommy hold her for a while. Her favorite seems to be the small hooman. They play on the floor a lot. She follows small hooman around the living room.

Latte stopped hooting and seems back to normal. Both girls sound fine and act as if they are perfectly healthy. I'm trying to wait until I hear the hooting again so that the vet doesn't think I'm nuts.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Aw, what a sweet picture!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Latte looks so happy. I'm so glad for you and for Alice that you have her!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Get a video of the hooting. Then play it back for vet. :)

I'm so glad you have Latte!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:05 pm

We are so glad to have her too! Thank you stf.
She purrs for us and realizes how good she has it. She is still a little turkey and has taught Alice to flip the pellet bowl. I had to buy the big square ones that they can't tip.
I'm waiting for her to start hooting again.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Aww that last pic is too sweet!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Last weekend was absolutely beautiful outside and that meant some outside time for the girls.
My daughter loves to model with the girls so here are a few pictures from Sunday.
Alice just loves to snuggle. I bet she would snuggle with a porcupine.

Latte likes to know what is going on around her.

Latte also loves to give kisses.

Alice had something very important to say.

Alice says "Bye Bye!"

I cleaned the cage out and did a little redecorating last night. The girls are so insanely neglected. They were relegated to the loft while I cleaned the bottom.
Evidence of neglect can be found below.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:43 pm

What beautiful little girls you have :)
It's so difficult being a guinea pig during clean out time. The amount of work that is expected from you is just awful ;)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

They're really relaxed! My pigs all really DO work during cleaning. They're very helpful. They stand on whatever fabric I'm trying to remove, delightedly start chowing down on coroplast when it's exposed, and generally run under my hands as much as possible. It's great fun.

Today I had just put down the new towels but not yet the fleece when I saw Snickers poop a HUGE poop. It almost looked like pre-neuter size. Huge and fresh. As I reached for it things went into slow motion, you know what I mean? and Snickers saw me reaching and turned and slow-mo started running RIGHT TOWARDS THE POOP and my hand was getting nearer but so was his paw and suddenly SQUISH and then POOPY PIG PAW PRINTS ALL OVER CLEAN TOWELS.

Sigh.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Ha ha, yes, no one realizes the amount of work that goes into finding a comfy spot to sonnze in. Both girls are looking wonderful.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

LOVE Latte in the second "outdoor" shot!!!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Alden, that image is stuck. Forever.
Snick knows what's up.
I am lucky enough to have a two level cage. I lock them downstairs first and then put them up when I'm ready to do the bottom.
It's all Latte can do to pull at the grid. She can't stand being confined to just one part of the cage.
I had to put up a cloth so she would stop chewing the bars.

I have noticed a large concentration of beans at the bottom of the ramp lately. For two weeks, I have vacuumed these beans from the spot right in front of the ramp while shaking my head and wondering why they would poop RIGHT THERE.
Well, that is because they don't.
Latte sits at the top of the ramp and poops over the edge and the beans roll down. I caught her doing it two days ago. She looks so effing proud of herself too.