Continuing Life In The Pigpen

goosey1019

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Stephen is so adorable curled up on that couch.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

I wish i could see the photos.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Maddy: For Stephen, imagine an orangey-brown pig with a little bit of a ridge on his back. He is dignified and looks like he'd be a bit embarrassed by a good round of kissing... but he would also enjoy it.

For Robert, imagine a little explosion of black fur. He has white markings but mostly "explosion" is the defining word!

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 am

Alden, you hit it spot on with that description! Now we just need to get Clairey to send the boys stateside for a grand tour to meet all their GL aunties. =)

clairey

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Perfect descriptions!

I can't stop laughing. I knew it was never going to be a pretty look but poor, poor Bobs. *laughs again* I'll let the photos tell the story.

His head is at the top of the pic.

I love this photo - you can see an eye and teefs if you peer.

Then this happened:

Which resulted in this:

Poor Bobbins. *stifles another giggle* I got forgiven by producing little morsels of clementine with dinner.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Ahahahahaha!

Okay, Maddy, now imagine a little black puff with an indignant face and a spiky, surfer-boy kind of hairdo!

It does make his white markings much more prominent. And it doesn't make him any less kissable.

Also, Albert Butterbean scoffs at 13g of hair. We average 30. :P

clairey

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 pm

30g?! Wow!

It's nice to be able to feel Robert's shape properly without all that hair. He's less chunky than I thought - 1200g of long narrow caterpillar pig.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 pm

His colour markings are also clearer now. Does he like how he feels with a little less hair? Overall, he's still every bit as adorable as he was before the hair cut.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 pm

He looks even cuter! Spikey little urchin! He seems a little traumatised, maybe he needs to come over here for a relaxing holiday with my girls!

clairey

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm not sure he cares that much although he's super-sensitive to touch now in a foolish purring way. Now I can feel all the partings and half-rosettes in his hair, rather than his hair being pulled down by its own weight, I can pet accordingly which is approved of. He snorgled right into my neck when I was stroking a section on his side that grows forwards.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Clairey,
I describe Alice the exact same way. Long, skinny caterpillar pig.
She is a very petite girl at just around 900 grams.
Ever since we got Latte in December, Alice walks around the cage purring. If you disturb the air around her, she purrs all happy like a kitten or something.

I really love Bobs new do. He looks absolutely adorable.

Breadfan4

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Awwwww.