Guinea Pig Math Schimpf Style.

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 am

Oooh, this is great! Is it plywood for the cage bottoms?

I've been thinking about cage design for in my sewing room when I finally get it sorted out (hopefully at some point this summer), and I might go with something like this for my three perma-pigs (Bandit is a foster. Bandit is a foster. Bandit is a foster. If I say it often enough, maybe I'll believe it.) I'd been thinking about something more modular so I can combine cages and try them together, but I don't think that's going to happen anyway. Since I'll be spending my afternoons in the sewing room (working) I'll be doing floor time every afternoon, and they can play together every day that way. It'll keep them happy but it won't stress out Bubble.

(My other idea, using this basic plan, would house Batman and Squeak right next to each other, with Bubble on the floor and the supplies next to him, plus floor time space on the rest of the floor. We'll see what makes sense.)

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 am

Yup the bases are ply wood. If your worried about water seeping onto it, just grab some tarps and cover them before you build it. I change my cages every 3-4 days and its been 6 months and no wetness has made it to the bottom. :) I love this cage and it cost under 100 dollars, which for coroplast, grids and so on to make this would have been about the same if not a little more.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

We had some outside time today, sadly by the time Mojo's turn came my stupid neighbor had her small breed dog out, off leash (as usual) so I could not take him out and had to cut Aolani and Romeo's time short.

Satu:

Thora protesting my grid zip tie skills:

Reko being cheeky in the sun:

Aolani:

Romeo, who has been getting hair cuts from his wife:

Has anyone ever heard of guinea pig eyes changing colour?
This is Aolani's eye back in Nov/Dec:

Recently I noticed it looked darker and today while out in the sun I could see that they have turned brown!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Perhaps it is the lighting? No signs of blindness.

You have such cute pigs, eschimpf!

tashab

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 9:53 pm

I love the first photo with those ears!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Lovely photos. I always enjoy seeing pigs having time outside and cacthing some sun. Had to lauch at the picture of Romeo and his rooster tail.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Maybe Lynx, I went to take another photo inside and some come out brown and other blue :/

Tasha, I know right!!! I love that photo of her.

GP Mum: its all gone now, just his long "face mane" stayed. Its going to be a hot summer (already 25-27C here) so I gave him and Mojo a trim tonight, super short. He looks so bad but feels so much better.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Beautiful photos,such happy, munchy piggies

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Love the picture of Satu!

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I read your FB post and thought I should come on this thread to offer my condolences of Mojo's sudden passing. I am so sorry to hear of Mojo's passing, he was one of my favorite pigs with his long hair and his personality. He will be missed by many.

I also will cross my fingers and toes that Reko feels better soon and gets his appetite back.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh no! I am so very sorry. I loved Mojo.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear of Mojo's passing.