Continuing Life In The Pigpen

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

They are so handsome!!! Hmmm, tell us more about this pig sitter. How do we know she will do right by the boys?

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

That's quite a journey, you could call here on the way (and drop Robert and Stephen off while you are at it, what a Good Idea).

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 pm

BOB, he just makes me shiver with delight. He is so friggin cute, I want a stuffed animal just like him so I can squish it.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 am

Well, the sun is finally warm and shining over here, and sets at midnight and comes up at 4 am and it does not get dark and I have LOTS of outside space for Stephen and Bobbins to enjoy! Like a whole lawn with a veggie patch, which will be planted with lots of lettuce as soon as the ground thaws...

They can come visit me anytime, like next month. No need to hire a sitter then. I will take care of everything :)

minismama

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 am

BOBS!!

clairey

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 8:30 am

Mildred, if we were heading down the east coast I'd definitely be dropping by! We're heading to Manchester to meet friends, then on from there in convoy.

So far, everyone who's met Bobs has giggled. Even my mum who gets squicked out by anything smaller than a cat. The white markings and triangular appearance of his face mean that you really notice when he tilts his head a little and it makes him very expressive. Add that to his outgoing chatterbox nature and you have a sort of cartoon pet.

He and Stephen have a mirroring thing going on. My friend calls them Pavlov's pigs. I need to try to film it. When I feed them veg, pellets or dried grass, I always hand feed them a couple of pieces first before putting it in the cage. So when they know something's coming, they beg at the side of the cage. But they do it in absolute synchronicity. Their front paws hit the sides of the cage in absolute unison. I'm so used to them I hadn't noticed til BF pointed it out.

goosey1019

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 1:53 am

Oh my goodness. Triangle bobbins head!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:26 am

Are Stephen and the Boscicle still alive? Please tell me they are, or I shall cry.

clairey

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Indeed they are alive. They're just back from a week in chokey, I mean boarding. They were apparently a bit spooked during their time there but it took them all of 3 minutes back home to lose the startled look and get back to normal.

I had need to buy a secondhand blanket while I was away (I always forget how cold it gets at night when camping) so chose a fleece one that I could later use in their cage. It's, um, not entirely boarly but what nice fleece is?

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 am

I'd love to see pics of Stephen and Bobs with their not-so-boarly new fleece!

My little boy never blushes when I snap photos of him on pink and purple flowers and butterflies (lots of girlies preceded him in my pig pen...)

Thanks for the reassurance. I was starting to worry. Hope all had a good holiday.

clairey

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 am

Hee! Well I'd coveted this fleece for a while but it didn't seem quite right to buy it for boys. However in this instance I bought it for my own use and am merely recycling it with them so I don't feel so bad. ;) It's not like their usual leopard print is exactly butch!

Being new to them, Stephen had to do several rumblestrutting circuits of the cage to establish top-pigness as seen below.

This soon tired him out.

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

Oh my goodness Stephen. You are very good at being boarly.