Chock and Chips progress part 1

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi Maddy!
It sounds like you are doing really well with Chock! Maybe Chip isn't a cuddle pig, some do squirm and wriggle to be put down! Often they appreciate more as they get older and realise how nice it is to get stroked and back rubbed!!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm

He likes his cuddles when he's picked up but he freaks at being picked up sometimes

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Some pigs never get used to being picked up. Even if they're perfectly happy being held.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 am

Of my 3, all hate being picked up. My oldest girl is a drama queen and wheeks like she's about to be spit roasted. She'll snuggle once she's on my lap though. Her daughter is better only because she gets taken out the most often for nebulizations and anti-fungal treatment. She's sort of resigned to getting picked up. My youngest can't wait to go exploring.

I feed their favourite vegetables everytime they are out to try and get them to associate that coming out is not a bad thing.

Agree it's wonderful when they get more relaxed around you.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

They are coming on nicely. Chip still freak out when being picked up now and then but he is getting lots better. Chock is so chilled out its unreal. He loves his head rubs :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Had a lovely day with the pigs today. They were free ranging for most of the day. They just went back in their cage and are tucking in to some hay

tashab

Post   » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 pm

My girls don't get to free range, since they are frequently naughty. I think it would be nice to have though.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 am

What kinda stuf do they get up to If they out

tashab

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Rosie is the queen of tasting everything, just in case it might be edible. Princess has no fear, so it involves frequent rescues for her.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Chip likes to taste everything to see whether he can eat it or not. chock doesnt do that. Right now they have been put back in their cage after a nice run and are recking a cardboard tube.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

Chip loves his tube. He is never outt of it lol.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 am

Chock and Chip have such beautiful silky coats now. They are a joy to own. :)