Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Wed May 29, 2013 4:33 am

So sorry to hear of Tiggy's passing. =( Another GL legend gone.

RIP Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle
God Speed Good Pig

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed May 29, 2013 5:06 am

Oh no :-( I am so very sorry. RIP lovely Tiggy!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 am

It did seem to happen a bit quickly in the end, though I knew there was maybe more to it this time as Tiggy was really off her food which she hasn't been before. In hindsight, (that always comes back to haunt you) I should have had her recurrent bladder infections investigated earlier and we might have been able to remove the bladder stones while she was more healthy. :o( Her med thread.

But then that would have meant another operation after all she'd been through previously and stones have a habit of recurring. In the end with two vets that I trust, it was best for Tiggy to go sooner rather than keep her going on when there was nothing we could do about her newly discovered liver problem.

Tiggy has been buried in my parents' garden with other piggies of mine – Chilli, Sparky's ashes, Miss P, Scooter and my sister's first house rabbit. It's a bit of a pet cemetery now. :o)

I am in limbo at the moment till Misty gets through her operation. I feel I don't want to get too attached to her new boyfriend because if the worst happens to Misty, her boyfriend goes back to Thistle Cavies. Then I would be piggyless for the first time in 15 years. :o/

Sidera17

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 2:06 am

Oh webs, I am sorry. I have always enjoyed stories of Tiggy's mischief. I hope Misty does well with her operation. Rest well, sweet pig.

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 7:37 am

Oh, boo! I am so very sorry! She sure was a pretty girl. :-(

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Misty is now back in a hospital cage after her op. The op itself went well but she has lost a fair amount of hair through stress. Much from her belly and a few chunks out of her flanks. The mammary tissue and lump have been sent for histology but her full body X-ray was clear with no obvious cause for concern.

Hopefully new boyfriend intro to GL will happen soon!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Glad Misty came through ok. She should get her hair back now that the hormones are taken care of.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Hoping for a good recovery!

clairey

Post   » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 am

I'm glad to hear Misty is home and doing well.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 am

Yay for Misty being home. Continued best wishes on her speedy recovery.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 am

OK, Misty is doing well in her recovery, although bored to tears in her cage and she still has bald patches. The new boyfriend visits frequently but probably doesn't help the situation as he wanders off when there's no sign of her coming out.

He now owns my flat. He is the first boar I've had and I suppose it's nice to have a man about the place, although I just would have preferred to have him a little more to my taste than Misty's though. ;o)

I guess we should have a little formal introduction to the new handsome man in our lives. It may be changed, but at the moment he is currently nicknamed Captain Chaos after the Cannonball Run character and bumbling superhero, both perfectly apt for the way he does zoomies about the place and causes utter chaos as he shoots past Misty's cage and she throws a hissy fit not being able to join in.

So, did anyone guess this superhero's identity?!

He has made the cupboard his own.

Discussions on a possible breakout.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am

Oh, man, he is cute!!

And the animated discussion at the fence, did they have a successful plan? (love those little sounds)