Show your cage IV

MaraC

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:06 am

Everyone that saw my cage asked if they don't jump. The awnser is: No, and they never had it in mind. :)
My cages are this tall since I threw the first cage - one from petshop (120 cm x 60 cm) - and I made a coroplast cages. I built my first coroplast cages 2 years ago.
I made one of these cages last fall (the "downstairs" one) and the second one 3 months ago.
I know my boys, and I know some piggies that want to "escape" from their cages, but mine prefer to stay home :)

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:12 pm

My Snowy would jump out. She hurdles the white kitchen area walls regularly. She also jumps off the side of the ramp into the lower level. I don't put anything on the top level that she could jump onto as I don't trust her not to jump out.

MaraC

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:07 pm

It depens on their character.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 pm

One of the few good things about my ex being gone, I can have my trio where ever I want in the house! So I pulled out their cage, built a stand and put them in the living room.

The cage is 3'x4' total, so 12 sq ft for three pigs, two of which are only about 3 months old.

I added a few bits of bedding, so it doesn't look so bare LOL.

MaraC

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:45 am

Argh, I'm so jealous! I don't have cubes or beautiful fleeces here, in Romania :( (and if I want to buy, the shipping cost it's bigger than the things I want to buy)

P.S. I got a carpet just like yours :))

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:53 am

MaraC.. Ikea rocks!

I bought those liners from a friend of mine. She makes them, you should ask for a quote. I paid 240 total for 4 liners and 4 pads with shipping and I am so happy I did! I love her work and they hold up amazingly!

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:44 pm

For those of you in countries where fleece is not available - is there any way we could buy some and send it to you? I understand it might take a long time to get there, but fleece isn't very heavy, so the weight shouldn't be prohibitive.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Jacqueline, that's very kind of you. Just to share, I did buy some fleece about 1.5 yrs ago from the US when it was on sale and bought enough for free domestic delivery. However the overseas shipping cost was still high as freight forwarders charge either based on actual weight or volumetric (size of the box), depending on which is more expensive.

For most of the piggy items (e.g. cuddle cups, tunnels etc) that I purchase from US, it's really the shipping cost that makes it costly.

Aertyn

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Oh yeah, when I bought some stuff from JensCustomCrafts...I think the shipping had an equal cost to the products I purchased.

Not long ago I ordered a harness, leash, collar for my dog from the US. Came in a package smaller than a sheet of paper. Cost me over $30 in shipping.

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 am

Ok, not to belabor this, but I have a friend whom is an flight attendant. she often travels to brazil and india. If she were to mail a package from there, would it help with the shipping costs?

MaraC

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 am

It would be great if someone would buy some fleeces and send them to me! I think it's easier for those ho are in UK, because the distance is smaller (I'm in Romania)
Where are you from, jacqueline?

@eschimpf - yes, I love IKEA :D
Actualy,in my room, all the furniture is from IKEA :))

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Do you have an ikea in Romania?

They do fantastic fleece at very cheap prices :)