Debbie's Home

PinkPortrait

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 am

So this is the beginning of her story. My dad found her while driving in a parking lot. He scooped her up so she wouldn't get run over. As it happens she had a deep cut on the side of her neck. She was thin and dehydrated. My mother got a syringe(obviously without the needle) from one of our cats and gave her some water. Also gave her some grass from outside. At this point we were still calling her a he since that's what my dad called her. He also wanted to know if it was a hamster. But my mother and I thought she was a girl.
Took her to the vet , sure enough it's a girl! Told us she was a little underweight and probably about 4 months old. He ends up putting two staples in her wound. She had cut the muscle on the side of her neck. It's pretty graphic so I won't post the pictures. We took her home and so far it looks like she was dumped. My father notified the parking lot's owners and the police in case anyone was looking for her.
Now here is a little backstory on me. I suffer from depression and I had to put down two of my cats in the past two years. I've been wanting another pet for some time now. I was thinking about getting a hamster. The day she came home was a particularly difficult day. I just can't tell you how happy I am with her.
As far as her personality goes you can not ask for better. She likes to cuddle and burrow in my hair. So easy going. Gets her antibiotics no problem.
The second day was when I really started to see improvement. Her tummy was fuller she was brighter and her coat was fluffier and less greasy.
I bought her a pink igloo today and she loves it so much. When she first went in she was purring.

Kale is her favorite!

Making new friends!

Image What's in here?

Igloo!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 am

She's adorable and I'm glad the 2 of you found each other.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 am

How can anyone not love a sweet face like that, so glad you rescued her and are providing a loving home for her.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:22 am

What a cutie! I am glad she is in your home.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:58 am

Awww, what a cutie!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 am

What a sweet guinea pig! So glad she found her way into your life.

Misscavylove

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 am

Aww, so sweet! So glad you could provide a great home for her.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:58 am

What a cute piggy! I love her little white "sock" on her back leg. I must say, though, your kitty looks seriously unimpressed in that second photo!

PinkPortrait

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

What a cute piggy! I love her little white "sock" on her back leg. I must say, though, your kitty looks seriously unimpressed in that second photo!
He was scared of her at first but now he doesn't care. I'm glad I don't have to be paranoid about keeping him separate from her.