Welcome to The Asylum

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 09, 2013 11:25 am

Aw, what a cutie! Are you at all interested in having him in my next year's calendar possibilities folder for a cover photo? (I usually choose 6 guinea pigs - depends what sizes and colors work)

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Thu May 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Thank you, Alden. His fur is so thick and soft. His head is just about the fluffiest thing ever!

Lynx, I would definitely be interested in having Albert as a calender possibility, thank you.

In other news, both Albert and Wilbur are off to my mum's house tonight to stay the weekend. I'm decorating the kitchen, which is right next to the pigs' room, and I don't want them getting paint fumes in their delicate, little lungs!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Here's my email if you have a larger image of the bottom photo:

You could also look over your photos and see if you have one that might work as a month photo (large and crisp).

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Happy adoption anniversary Albert. I love his patches of grey admist his white fur.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Happy Adoption Anniversary, Albert :)

He looks so proud and happy, I could swear he is smiling in the first photo!

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Help! Albert has grown to the size of a mountain!

Then again, Wilbur isn't looking so tiny, either...

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

What a pair of cuddly pigs :)))

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Thank you :) Albert, being officially 50% fur, is especially cuddly, but Wilbur gets plenty of fuss, too!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Very nice profiles of your boys. Both are looking exceptionally fluffy. I have an explorer pig that would have definitely wanted to climb or have a taste of the mountain if she were there.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:41 am

To be fair, GP_mum, Wilbur was eyeing up that mountain the whole time he was there. I think if I'd have turned my back for more than a second he'd have started nibbling it.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:12 am

I haven't done an update in a while.

A couple of weeks ago, I gave the boys baths because they were both getting a bit greasy. Here's a picture of Albert sitting in the cuddle bed all sudsy while I change the bath water:

He didn't seem to mind being bathed too much, which surprised me as he's normally quite a timid lad and hasn't really enjoyed it in the past. I think he liked having the shampoo rubbed into his fur, because it was like being massaged.

Wilbur, on the other hand, didn't like it at all, and kept trying to jump out of the tub (it was on the floor so there was no chance of him falling and hurting himself if he did get out). I couldn't get any photos of him because he would have taken the opportunity to escape.

I did however, take this photo of him a bit later on:

"No more baths, please!"

My boyfriend is a recent guinea pig convert. He doesn't really like rodents because of the long tails and because they move quite fast, but he's grown to like the pigs because they don't have tails and they're more laid back. Whenever he comes to visit, he always brings some salad for the boys and feeds them whilst they're sat on his knee.

Albert is always a bit nervous at first, and buries his head underneath Wilbur. Wilbur doesn't mind, because Albert's fur is like a soft pillow.

Albert soon recovers, however, when he realises there's food in the vicinity:

He's got my boyfriend well trained, because whenever the food runs out he looks up at him with his big eyes as if to say "have you got any more?" It's hard to resist such a cute face!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 am

So lovely to read that your boyfriend is a guinea pig convert, and how sweet of him to bring them salad when he comes to visit!

Your boys are beautiful. I love white faces on a piggie :)