Continuing Life In The Pigpen

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:45 am

I think that is a PERFECTLY boarly fleece. I love it! And them!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Never mind the fleece, I want to tickle those leather paw pad-unders :))

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm

The fleece is perfectly cute and boarly! Froggies speak little boys (it's what they are made of, right?)

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:54 am

It is the perfect unisex fleece! Pink for girlies, with froggies for boarlies. And it matches the green tassels perfectly, but... Eeep! Stephen's front paws disappeared!

I just want to scritch the ridgy fur atop his head.

And I just noticed Bob's white bum patch. Cuteness!

My little boy has to rumble all over the cage if I so much as move one cardboard box, because that makes it all new to him, too.

clairey

Post   » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:28 pm

I've decided the froggies are definitely masculine. Imagine them on a gender-neutral purple or orange background - it'd be total boy fleece!

Stephen does have lovely feet, Mildred. He sometimes lets me stroke his soft leather pads.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 pm

I agree with the masculinity of the frog fleece.
And it's pretty :)

Misscavylove

Post   » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm

That yawn is the cutest thing ever, I think.

clairey

Post   » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:49 am

"Uh-oh Stephen, she's spotted us."

"Do the stink-eye, it sometimes works."

"Oh, you know what? *yawn* I'm too hot to care."

In what I assume is an effort to cool down in the unusual heat, Bobs has been dribbling water all down one side of his cheek and chin. You can imagine The Fear that came over me when I noticed his sogginess, but it is definitely just water. I've watched him do it and he's actually gaining weight (he got really stressed on 'holiday' and lost A LOT but it's nearly all back now) and chomping like a champ. Stephen has sense, he lies with his manparts resting against the ice bottle to cool off.

The wet fur was smelling stale and totally begging for an infection so I had to trim his beard a bit at one side. :( As soon as I'd dry him, he'd do it again so I was onto a loser there. I also bought them a Ferplast 'Sippy' bottle in the hope that it would stop him jamming his cheek onto the ball of the usual bottles and letting water stream down his face. So far they're both giving it a very wide berth. *sigh* I've tried demonstrating its use but no.

It's been a little cooler the past few days and his face is dry sometimes. I'm hopefully picking up a couple of ceramic tiles at the weekend so if it is his way of cooling down, maybe they'll help. Or maybe he'll walk round them with great suspicion.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Well, you NEVER KNOW, Clairey.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:56 am

Ooooh, I understand The Fear. I'd be worried that he would give himself a fungal infection with his fur all wet like that.

Just plop him down on one of the tiles and hold him there so he can *feel* how cool it is on his feet. Tell him it is better than evaporative cooling on the side of his face. Much better. Especially when he lays down on it and does not move. Repeat until he understands. Even add an apple chunk as an incentive. Then take a super cute photo as he yawns. I love Bobbins yawns.

clairey

Post   » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:35 am

Bobs' chin has been dry in the last couple of days except after veggies. The temperature's also back to normal for this time of year so I'm sure there's a link. I cut off the worst of the discolouration in his beard and what's left is being kept sparkly clean. The skin is nice too so he doesn't seem to have done any damage this time.

I finally persuaded him to try the new bottle. In the end I rubbed an apple slice over the spout to hurry him along other wise he'd still be looking at it from afar. He seems to really enjoy the gush of water and is choosing it over the old bottle. The design of the new bottle means I can add ice cubes to their water to keep it cool if the temperature goes up again. Stephen still wants nothing to do with any of it.

I got them out to watch TV the other night. They got the sofa and chose to lie snuggled together.

They dozed like that for a good 15 minutes before Stephen needed down to pee. I was melting all over the place. Stephen purred! At least I think he did. It might just have been the laziest, sleepiest top-pig rumble ever though.

Oh yeah and Stephen's hair looks a bit flat cos he'd been recently smooched and hadn't shaken it tufty again.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 am

Aww... they look so chummy together. What an achievement to get Robert to drink from the new water bottle. My girls still eye their new bottle with suspicion and after several months, are now only attempting sips from it occassionally. They still prefer their older bottles which have a narrower snout.