In the life of Precious

Breadfan4

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh Precious is beyond adorable...as are all your piggies!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 pm

She really is such a sweetie! I especially love the second to last photo, she looks so happy with her salads. And she reminds me so much of a young Fairy!

Tinytopper

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 am

She is so beautiful.. :)

My little girl, Soda, does not like to sit for photos...lol.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:09 am

What a beautiful herd!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 am

Is that the colective name for a group of piggies then a herd ? Sorry for my stupidity i still learning all i can on these lovely creatures

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 am

Is that the colective name for a group of piggies then a herd ? Sorry for my stupidity i still learning all i can on these lovely creatures

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:18 pm

I can't wait to read your stories of little Soda!

Precious kept me up through-out the night...she does random lots of very loud wheeking to no one in particular. She is such a loud girl!

Mildred Did fairy use to have eyes? I looked at her first thread and thought In some of the first pictures she had eyes...but maybe it was just the way the photo was taken.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Fairy sometimes used to wheek into the air, maybe they sense something but panic because they can't locate it?

Well, she sort of has one eye, it started off a dark 'colour' but then it turned sort of glass-like. The other eye stays closed and there isn't much there really.

If you want to really understand the reasons for LWS I can recommend searches for LWS in rats, there seems to be much more research done on rats, one in particular on the 'rat behaviour' website has a really good article that helped me to understand it fully. I can't always explain it though! One thing you have to remember is that LWS guineas do not have pigmentation therefore they do not have any colour (meaning they can't be 'pink eyed white', and Fairy didn't ever have any colour in her eye as such). I haven't explained that very well really, the article IS worth reading though!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:57 pm

I've known some deaf humans, and they make some interesting vocalizations! Their laughter can be really raucous.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Apparently some lethals have wheeks which can be described as "earsplitting."

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 pm

My little Precious baby had her nails cut this morning...first time in 6 months it looks like

Tinytopper

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:07 pm

She looks so relaxed... :)