In the life of Precious

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am

What a lovely smiley little face. I love her "Gimme!" pose with your shoe laces! :)

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:09 am

Sorry everyone! You'll have to wait a while longer for pictures of Precious...But in the mean time I have some other pictures I'd like to share!

This little girl was adopted out with her best friend around 7 months ago, yesterday the family woke up and Mocha was no where to be found..the mother is taking it harder then the little girl and she's so shaken she's asked us to care for Hershey until they find Mocha or some other news comes about.

Hershey isn't eating, and is a bit quiet so I've decided to feed her CC..the family said she only stopped eating since Mocha was missing.

Anyway Hershey and her family needs lots of good luck and payers their way to help bring Mocha home!

Here are both girls 7 months ago...

And Hershey eating her CC....she really doesn't want to eat anything and I half had to force her to have the CC

And me talking her while I was trying to get her to eat it..
Last edited by Rodent-Cuddles on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 am

I hope things work out for the family. Such pretty pigs!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 am

Oh, wee Hershey, don't be so sad. It's horrible to lose your firiend but there are so many other guinea pigs out there who would love to share a cage with you!

If she persists in not eating while in your care (especially while she can see/hear your own wonderful herd) it may be a good idea to get her checked out by the vet. As I'm sure you know, not eating can lead to other issues that make guinea pig not want to eat.

You're doing a brilliant job getting her to eat. Good luck x

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 am

Since we run the rescue from home she is in a 2x3 c&c cage in the girl's room *aka the lounge but it's where the girl piggies in the rescue stay!*.

Their dinner is just getting chopped up, she has eaten some hay already so I'm really hoping that being near and being able to hear the other pigs in the room will help her not feel so lonely.

(In the room she is in we have a girl trio, a girl pair and a male trio as the boy's room at the moment is full but a pair got adopted today and is going home next week so the three boys can go in there).

Her owner was so shocked and worried from the whole thing, she didn't want to come inside to meet the pigs in the rescue or mine..and if Mocha isn't found she's decided that she'll surrender Hershey back to us as it's really hit her hard. They've been such a great home for the girls, I really hope Mocha can get found as I don't want the piggies to lose a great piggy family.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:18 pm

My Little Precious has now become an Angel.

Last night I went into my room to give everyone their veggies and as always I checked where Precious was to put their veggies near her...she wasn't moving and was lying down still..I thought she was dead. I picked her up, she was still alive but barely, I gave the rest of her cage mates their veggies and ran upstairs.

She wouldn't sallow any CC or water, we rushed out the door to the after hour vets as it was 8pm. On the drive there I thought she had passed away because I couldn't feel a heart beat..but no our little girl was still holding on.

The fee for seeing the vets there was $120 with-out them doing anything, mum said yes yes doesn't matter just help her.

So they took her, gave her injections for fluid and a couple pain meds.

In the waiting area we sat down next to a lady who had brought her dog in as he had just been bitten by another dog...we talked to her...well mum did I was in tears for most of the time. Her dog Teddy got brought out, they gave her his meds and everything else...then she left.

A minute later one of the vets came up to us and gave us a $100 note, she said the lady wanted us to have it to help pay for Precious.
We both were so thankful and so surprised. A stranger who had never meet us before and who didn't know us donated money to help my girl...we don't even know the ladies name and didn't get the chance to thank her.

At 9:30pm, they came out and told us Precious is still alive but her heart beat is very low and because of her size they couldn't give her something *might remember what it was later*. He gave us two options..to put her to sleep or to keep her hocked up and in their care for the night and then see how she goes.

Because we'd seen her, and how she was so close to death. We made the decision to peacefully put her to sleep. She became an angel at 10pm but we got to say our good byes first.

I had taken pictures of her that morning with the Pluto *The de-sexed male in the group* and will share them now.

Sorry if some of it didn't make sense. I am in tears writing this and miss my little girl so much. Yesterday her boy Ollie who she was rescued with went to his new home...maybe she stayed just so she could make sure he found a good home?

We are getting her cremated and are getting her ashes back. It is $475 to do that but we want her to be able to know we will never forget her and so I can feel like she's always with us.

Rest in peace my little Angel.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm so sorry. It was very kind of that lady to help Precious and you. She was much loved and cared for.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:27 pm

So very sorry you lost Precious. She so very obviously knew nothing but love and kindness while in your care.

RIP Precious
May you popcorn free in the endless fields of lettuce across the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Ohhhh how sad and I am so sorry you lost little Precious (tears). I have so enjoyed reading and seeing the stories on her and she was lucky to have been with you even for a short time.

We will miss your little piggy smiles!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh, I am so sorry you lost her, Rodent-Cuddles. I know how much you loved her.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Awww, Precious! They take a piece of your heart with them when they go :(
She felt the love you had for her.
Look at pictures of her and smile, you gave her a great life while she was with you.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 am

I'm so sorry for your loss of Precious. I can't believe that she's gone. She was a special pig and I'm glad she lived her short life surrounded by love.