Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

Breadfan4

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 am

Love them both, but especially the Ace pancake - "Ace-cake"?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 am

I especially loved that last photo. Ace seems so worn out. While Baozi seems ever alert.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am

It's been a while since I reported on the happenings on Pig Planet. Well, it's been quite an eventful two weeks! We moved (not very far, just across town) and so the pigs are in their new home... which actually looks quite a bit like their old one.

It's summer in Hawaii, so the pigs are chilling next to a frozen water bottle with a sock on it. (Sorry, I can't resist bad puns).

They were looking kind of scruffy so they had a bath.

And they continue to enjoy life's simple pleasures. There are few things the piggers enjoy more than lounging on the bed

Eating delicious foodz

Making new friends

And being petted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6pZOubxjs

Ace continues in her bid to be the weirdest guinea pig alive

Although Baozi is giving her a run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BZleCysygU

"You say I love lettuce? How do you know I love lettuce?"

"A jailbreak? I'm not planning a jailbreak!"

But as weird as they are, I love my piggers.

Greetings from Pig Planet, until next time!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:05 am

These pictures are wonderful. It could just have been the time of the day that you took the new cage pics but their new cage looks so much brighter! It's lovely.

And wee Ace's goofy little leg in her eating picture made me laugh aloud! :) What a little cutie.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Ace is scary looking while sleeping with her eyes wide open like that. :)

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 pm

NoCableisSafe: It is brighter! My old room was on the first floor and was down in a little recess so it didn't get that much sunlight. Thanks to that and the cinder block walls I used to call it the dungeon, lol. I'm on the second floor now and get a lot more sunlight especially in the afternoon. The piggies love to wander around on the bed in the afternoon sun. :)

C. Cole-Chakotay: to be fair, she opened her eyes when she noticed me hanging around with the camera. :p

Breadfan4

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Baozi is very cute, don't get me wrong, but Ace just has that look like "feed me more" on her adorable face...I'm a sucker for her!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:35 am

Just a quick update today. Ace pig seems to really love my knitting basket.

Longpig

And the two piggers relaxing:

I am a bit worried about Ace lately, since she seems to be losing weight. it's odd though, because she seems otherwise healthy. She is active, eating, pooping, doing her normal piggy things. She has been shedding lately but it's not the first time since I got her. I suspect it's the hot weather since Baozi was shedding too. Ace got a clean bill of health at our most recent vet visit (which was a few weeks ago), so I don't know what is causing the weight loss. Anyway, here's a screencap of their weight chart:

The weights are in grams.

Breadfan4, given how light Ace is lately, I have been feeding her more! Hopefully she fattens back up.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:37 pm

I love your girls! I had a pig called Ace and he used to sleep with his head in the pellet dish so he didn't have far to go for food when he woke up. Laziness must be an 'Ace' thing.

Do you weigh your girls at the same time of day each time? I know I've weighed mine before at different times of the day and they can fluctuate quite a bit.

You obviously watch your ladies alot, and interact with them a great deal, but it's worth keeping an extra close eye on Ace when she's eating just to make sure it's not teeth troubles causing her to lose weight.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Ditto Jaycey. But I don't think you're at the "get to a vet right now!" state of drop-off.

Did you knit those pigs? Is it a publicly-available pattern? They're very cute!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 am

Jaycey, I usually weigh them on Friday afternoon when I clean the cage. Some of the weights were taken at different times though, b/c I forgot :p

I've been keeping an eye on Ace, and so far she is still the lawn mower pig (I nicknamed her that b/c my Mom says she eats like a lawn mower). Maybe she lost weight from the stress of the move? Heck, I lost weight from that! lol.

AldenM1, I did knit the stuffed pigs! I got the pattern on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/77145890/th ... ome_active. Thanks!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:20 am

I missed several updates. Such great pics though!