The Adventures of Parsley Pig and Friends

pig party

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 am

I'm in the process of setting up a website to help me promote my books. On it I would like to include websites from reputable guinea pig rescue centers or organisations in order to promote guinea pig adoption rather than pet-shop purchases.

I don't want to just arbitrarily put addresses on there without the center or organisations permission; but if anyone, wherever you are, would be willing to be included on the list, please could you let me know.

Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:50 pm

You are welcome to write the rescues listed in our pages and ask them (if the emails are bad and/or they no longer exist, let me know).

You might want to get your website fleshed out first so they have something to look at.

pig party

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 am

Thanks Lynx, will do!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:50 am

I just wanted to say that these books are really cute. I downloaded the first volume for Kindle PC a week or so ago, but decided that I'd like to have these in paperback, and just ordered Volumes 1-4 yesterday.

They're written for children, but the stories are poignant and the illustrations are adorable. Adults will enjoy them, too! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:06 pm

I think her guinea pig illustrations are charming! Glad you like them too!

pig party

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 am

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them sef1268!

Just to let you know that the series so far is now also available on www.tlpmarketplace.com. I'm also negotiating selling them through some other on line stores that are connected to rescues. By purchasing them here you can be sure that all possible profits are going towards our favourite cause - helping piggies!!

My website can now be seen at www.parsleypigandfriends.wordpress.com, where you can find out a bit more about the books (those already published and those coming soon), characters and read Parsley's blog.

I'm still on the hunt for any other rescue centers that would like to have their details included so let me know if you're one of them!

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Big congratulations and hip-hip hooray!!! Pig Party!! You rock!!

Or is that you Wheek!!!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 am

I love the books! The illustrations are really wonderful.

pig party

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 am

Defiantly wheek!

And thanks MildredM - I love the photos on your site. Fairy reminds me so much of Parsley!

I am delighted to announce that the 'What's your line?' caption competition is now up and running on tlpmarketplace.com.

I hope you all like the sketches - and good luck with your entry!!

pig party

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 am

PS - for any of you wanting to buy the books, or who aren't fortunate enough to win one, Amazon.com currently has them at a reduced price. The good news is that the same amount goes to rescues, it's only Amazon who make less! So get them while they're hot!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:07 pm

My books came and I love them so much! They will also make great gifts, I will be ordering some more nearer Christmas!

I kept seeing Fairy in Parsley Pig! But . . . . Fairy, well, she has asked if she could have a guest spot in one of your books one day to show how a blind piggy can cope just as well as any other piggy! Maybe one day!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Oh, that would be fun! And glad to hear you love the books!