Diagnosed bladder sludge, still passing "gummy worms&am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 pm

With humans, the cranberry juice does not cure anything but may help prevent the occurence of UTIs about half the time.

Canuckenstein, feel free to add any searchable words you care to, to this thread. They all get added in to the database. If you can come up with an appropriate place to add this to the guide, feel free to make any suggestions. I'll go add your photos.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Not sure I agree that celery is too high in calcium. Current data lists it at 40mg/100g, whereas green leaf lettuce is fairly close at 36mg/100g. Unless you're feeding a ton of it, I don't really see a problem with it.

Pellets, on the other hand, I do agree with.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:56 am

On my chart, it looks like the calcium content is about what many leafy greens are, per calorie intake. Unless you are seeing excess calcium deposits (which have been observed for pigs eating romaine, for some reason), I wouldn't discount it. But I also don't think of it as being particularly nutritious.

www.guinealynx.info/.html

Canuckenstein

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks again all. After passing that sperm rod yesterday he has been fine, passing normal urine and being positively perky and himself. It'll get worse again, but we meet with the vet on Monday to discuss solutions and long term plans.

We have already gotten more strict with his diet in the last two weeks. Their diet was fairly low calcium and restricted because of their likes and dislikes; neither like things like berries, herbs, lettuce or juicy fruits. They both get gas from some vegetables and they hate that Oxbow herbal flowery mix and dried vegetables.

Oxbow pellets and fresh dandelion, parsley and whatnot in summer were the biggest repeat offenders. It makes sense that this acted up at the end of summer.

Keywords: White lump under foreskin, thing sticking out of penis, lumpy white penis blob, pulling white thing from penis.

Where to put this in Medical? I think it's a good differential diagnosis item for: UTI, Bladder Stones, Impaction (penis cleaning would be the idea place). The symptoms of straining, no urine, discomfort, not eating are the same.

Under normal care? Under What's Normal, maybe a line under Sexing and any place male-specific care is mentioned.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:43 pm

I like the idea of adding it to the impaction area talking about penis cleaning. I may be able to stick it in somwhere else too (perhaps linking to the impaction area).

Have to make dinner. Will try to remember to do this within a week.

Canuckenstein

Post   » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:26 am

Fabulous! Bon appetite! It's early morning here in Finland so there's coffee brewing, eggs boiling and toast poppin' :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Just a note to say I finally added a Records forum entry for this (with your pictures):
https://www.guinealynx.info/records/viewtopic.php?t=212

I added a separate entry on the normal page ("Boar Glue"), added some info on the impaction page in the cleaning the penis area and also a differential diagnosis for a uti.

Canuckenstein

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Update on Little Mouse!

We went to the "good vet" who confirmed that this was a hormonal imbalance causing over production of sperm. We schedules a castration and it went well; the next day he looked better than he had in weeks!

In the first few weeks he had a few isolated incidents of passing the leftover sperm rods. It has been 2 months and they seem to be gone (at least, any that he passes do not require assistance).

His pee is a bit sandy at times, but that is something he may always have and that we watch his diet for.

Today he did something to his front leg and is favouring it. When I poked him there was no sharp pain reaction and he's acting completely normally other than the sore leg. Probably a pulled muscle. I gave him a low dose of painkiller and locked him up for the night.

Poor Little Mouse. He can't catch a break! He'll be fine, yet again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm glad the overproduction of sperm rods is easing up! This has to have been tough on you both. Hope he is back to normal soon.