They both look amazing!
LOL, "I'm not chunky, I'm Fluffy!"

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Introducing...

Handsome Henry.

"I've waited an eternity for this Henry. What is a Henry?"

Henry and his friend Harry arrived on Saturday and had a sleepover in the temporary cage.

Beautiful Harry hitched a ride to his new forever home this morning.

"But Mam...we can smell boys!"

But it was just one boy. Lonely Henry.

"Seriously Mam. Can I swap places with him? Fluffy is a pest!"

I decided to do some extra miles today, come home, and introduce tonight. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving Henry on his own for 3 days. Poor little thing had his buddy taken away and didn't know what to do.

Introductions went better than I dreamed they could. I was armed with flying lettuce hawks, a dustpan, a chopping board, and loads of veggies.

My pair is now a trio. Poor Snowy couldn't move for getting humped. Henry was baffled when Fluffy tried humping him. Lots of rumbling, squealing and popcorning later, everyone was tired...except Snowy, who was clearing up the scraps of veg.

They are now tucked up in the C&C for the night. I'm sleeping on the sofa, just in case.

Henry's story....

At 8 weeks old he arrived at the rescue as a neglect case. He'd been fed rabbit food as the "vet" had told the owner it was just the same as Guinea pig food, but cheaper (I could cry!).

He had urinary issues, and at 6 months old had a stone removed. Since then he has had blood in his urine, but several x-rays have shown nothing.

Henry wasn't up for adoption because of his problems. I saw him at the rescue when I helped my friend collect her newly bonded trio, and my heart melted. As soon as I heard his story I offered to take him. The rescue said yes, and I am now his permanent foster carer

He was neutered by the rescue, X-rayed, and again no stone or anything suspect. After his safe period, we were allowed to bring him home.

He's a very happy lively little guy. Very little compared to my 2 fat ladies, but not surprising with the start he had in life. He'll have a fantastic life now.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Henry is very handsome!
He looks happy with his new family.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 am

Oh, wow, Henry is a doll! So painfully handsome! Girls will swoon!!

Breadfan4

Post   » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Henry is quite handsome...and I love Snowy's face in the picture that was captioned "Seriously Mam..."

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Loved the last photo where Henry looks absolutely flat out tired by all the activity. I'm sure he'll be very happy in his new forever home.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 pm

We're 48 hours in. It couldn't have gone better. I went to work today and didn't worry about what might happen while I was gone.

Henry loves Fluffy. He's been her shadow, and has been rather amorous too. He's been creeping as close as possible to her while she's sleeping, and going to sleep too. It's so sweet.

Fluffy seems to have given up trying to hump both Snowy and Henry.

He's indifferent with Snowy. She's being left alone to munch and munch, as Snowy always does. She's really happy, and has been coming to spy on me and popcorning away. I think she realises that she is no longer going to be Fluffy's punch bag when Fluffy's in heat.

Apologies for the poor picture quality, but I didn't want to switch the main light on and disturb the piggies.

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 am

I'm so glad Henry is settling in well! He looks totally and utterly comfortable :)

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 pm

He's a funny little guy Wle32. Has got pancakes and popcorns down to a fine art. Also spends a lot of time rumbling at his shadow while running up and down the ramp.

How is your new addition settling in?

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 am

Glad it went well! Henry is gorgeous!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:48 am

Lovely to see pictures of Henry settled in with his two wives.

Fluffy and Snowy are beautiful! I love their attitude pictures at the start when they could smell boys! :)