Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

happiestgirl

Post   » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 pm

I am so sorry :(

scoot

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss of Misty and that when Marley returns home to Thistle you will be piggyless. It's sensible and has to be, but I know how much you will miss them both.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:14 am

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 am

Cavy Cupboard has been returned to its original use – storage! But much of its contents are still piggy related. All the towels, fleece, pet beds, piggy chair, dishes and grids are all cleaned and stored for possible future piggy use. The coroplast has been broken up and gone to the tip, starting afresh with new sheets will be the plan. Some items never really used have gone to the SPCA to make better use of them along with some guinea pig food. The readigrass and orchard grass hay went to Thistle Cavies along with Marley, returned as promised.

He may not be with me any more, but Marley made a big impression in the short time he was here. I found some video of him on my phone.

Curious Marley

Marley plays The Game

The flat is so quiet and dark without piggies and I still find the odd hair on clothing or cushions. At least I might be rid of all the loose white hair by Christmas. ;o)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 am

You were such a wonderful care taker. And you loved your guinea pigs so. Change can be hard.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh, Webs. I know how it feels to have a flat missing piggies. When I lost Bailey and returned his companion I felt that the corner of my room where the piggies lived had lost its life... so I shoved my bed in the corner and then shortly moved out of the flat so didn't have to think about it for two years until Scribble happened. :)

I smiled when you said you were keeping your grids and other piggie things. I can't wait for you to update in the future that you have more pigs running your flat with you :)

What lovely videos of Marley. I'll be sure to give him a scratch when I next visit - he has a fan in me. :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh do give him a big old cuddle from me and for his reunited wife, Roo. They are a very special couple of piggies. ;o)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 am

Its amazing when you get special piggies that tuch your heart. :)

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:19 am

Webs, I didn't come armed with sweeties so Marley decided I was in the "Scary Human" category. Roo was an absolute doll and I've begun a plot to steal her. While Marley thought I was a monsta Roo decided my head-claps were very nice, thankyou. :)

When Marley was wheeking in alarm at me in Thistle's arms Roo pottered over to check on him. She's such a great wife.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:33 am

Piggies are wonderful animals

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:33 am

Piggies are wonderful animals

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Well, I'm back - let's call it a Gap Year!

Such a lot seems to have happened since my last posts, but life goes on and things can appear brighter over time. This certainly seems to be the case when little furry friends appear back in your life - even if they weren't entirely planned!

The reason for this is apparent in this thread in Placement which took an unexpected turn and ended up with more than anyone expected. :o)

So, for a quick summary, Thistle Cavies have mum called Raggedy Anne (Rags) and son Horlicks; Jaycey has dad Podrick (also Rags' brother) and I have son Barley and daughter Whisky.

The first picture I was sent was of the new additions that arrived in the early hours of 9th June 2014.

Top - Barley, middle - Horlicks (and rehomed brother behind) and front - Whisky.

Whisky

Barley

Horlicks
All piggies, mum, dad and pups have a strong family resemblance with the ridge of hair along their backs, tufty bits on the sides and hair coming to a point on their heads which has become more apparent as they have grown. :o)