Three boars, one cage.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 am

Thank you, Mildred. :)

GP_mum, I don't think that Susie intended the girls to be so co-ordinated, but I did notice that her cage is Blaze-City! We couldn't get Allsorts to sit still so Susie had to hold her belly so she wouldn't keep wandering off to see why a human (me) was sitting in their cage!

Scribble will be delighted. I'm so glad that he and Buddy are so closely bonded just now since I hope it will mean the mass introduction of the boys back into the group will go smoothly. Poor Buddy has some suspicious internal lumps forming just now inside of him, so it will be good to give Scribble more friends...

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47 pm

I put this over in cavy chat, but just in case I lose the thread...

Unfortunately for Scribble these are the kind of creatures that Buddy would like for him to consult before he goes off on his adventure!

I have been trying to teach all of the guinea pigs the circle trick... unfortunately Scribble is a bit confused by the concept of following food around about himself (oh dear.) so I started to focus on the sows (Scribble can learn the piggy trick level 0 - come when called for dinner) and then the video happened.

I don't like it when they don't do what I tell them to!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Aw, that was cute! (but I understand your frustration!!)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Ohoho! That was very funny. Good training video:))

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 pm

I enjoyed the video. Allsorts was really trying to protect her piece of corn husk at the end.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Today I ended up looking at the SSPCA's web site...

I found Scribble's twin!

http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/an ... 615_bobbie

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Oooooh. What a sweetie :))

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 pm

I saw him and was thankful he's too far away.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 am

I remember when Scribble was able to fit his whole body into the cat food boxes and there would be enough room for Buddy to be able to eat some of the treats hidden within. Now Scribble's bottom is big and fluffy enough to hog everything and still not be inside!

Scribble is now old enough and fat enough for his planned neuter. After the disaster which was me trying to house Tea and Kiba (long, long, long ago) I have a new fear of bonding baby boys so have decided the safest thing to do is to mix Scribble with sows who aren't afraid to pee in his face whenever he's being a muppet.

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 pm

I really love your doodle drawings! Wow, looks so professional! I still have the one you made of Puffy years ago tucked somewhere in my heart :) Scribbles is so cute! His black face kind of reminds me of Clairey's Bobbins. The girls are all looking plump and beautiful. Aw, NoCableisSafe, I haven't been to your thread often but now I'm going to be a regular!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:56 am

It has been too long since my last update and so much has happened!

Toward the end of September I welcomed Meribel into my home, a sow listed on gumtree who was living with boars under close supervision from her owner so couldn't possibly be pregnant.

Scribble had a bath and then shortly after he was neutered (what a rough life)

Meribel cleared her three weeks of quarantine and after a checkover by the vet was confirmed to be healthy and full of babies. Vet estimated that at least two mini pigs were cooking and wished us all of the luck in the world.

She then decided to become the queen of all things tall within her cage.

Meribel continued to grow and Scribble continued to kill of his swimming mini-Scribbles

Then, on Friday 1st November Meribel activated her clone mechanism. I say this because it's the only explanation for how a constantly supervised (by her previous owner) sow living with two boars could have become pregnant in the first place. Clearly her clone mechanism was faulty last night because she decided to double the vets estimate.

Of the six, four are still with us though it was not for a lack of trying to revive the two who died by either Meribel or me. The two who didn't make it were 2-3 times the size of the surviving four, I can only assume they had a harder time being brought into the world.

Meribel says: SURPRISE!

Last night, until Meribel settled down with the pups (she had a lot of things to do and had already tended to them between rushing off to eat) they followed her around with the raw determination of a toddler!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 am

What super pictures! I love the lighting on the 6th one down.