Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 am

I love that picture of the two of them on their mitts. Anybody who says pigs aren't smart enough to appreciate toys and furniture should see that!

Best wishes for little Baozi.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Best wishes here too.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:04 am

My Sweetie girl died tonight.

I went to check on her and found that she had passed. It just happened because she was still warm. She went to sleep next to Ace and never woke up.

She seemed to be getting better. I wasn't ready to say goodbye, but I am glad she has found peace.

I still can't believe she is gone. I will miss her so much.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 am

I am so upset for you. I really, really hoped that she would pull through for you. You fought so hard for her and I am so sure that if her little paws could she would reach around and give you a huge cuddle of thanks.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 am

Oh, Baozi.

I'm so sorry.

clairey

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 am

Oh I'm so sorry. You were trying so hard for her.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 am

I'm so sorry.

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 am

I am so sorry, you sure tried so hard for her and I am sure if she could she would thank you for that; she had a wonderful life with you.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh no, I am very sorry indeed. I know how much you loved her x

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm so sorry. You both fought a good fight.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 pm

I am so terribly sorry. RIP sweet Baozi!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Thank you for your replies, everyone. Today we brought Baozi's body to a priest to be blessed and then brought her to our vet clinic for cremation. When we handed her over in her tunnel and blanket I started crying again. I know that she is gone, and it's just a body, but she looked so peaceful, and it was so hard to let her go. I cried again while changing the cage today for Ace, because it was truly as if the last traces of her on this earth were gone.

But I know that she will always live on in my heart. She was a wonderful little piggy in the short time she was with us, so spirited and full of life. I still remember when we walked into the humane society, just to look, and I saw her in that cage with Ace. She was just this precious little ball of fluff. I looked at the other piggies, but I knew that I wanted Baozi. So I adopted her right then, along with Ace, since they were cage mates.

She was so excited to get to her new home, exploring the cage and wheeking loudly for food. She chased Ace around so much I didn't even get to sleep that night.

She quickly became known for being a friendly, energetic, inquisitive little pig. While Ace was shy and skittish, Baozi was brave and curious. She quickly learned to put her little feet on the edge of the cage to beg for food. She was an extremely talkative piggy. Her piercing wheek could be heard from the kitchen and even the parking lot. When she woke from a nap, she would wheek as if to announce herself. She would wheek periodically all evening while I was working or watching TV or something, and then I'd get annoyed and have to get up and give her cuddles and/or a treat. But I really wasn't annoyed, because she was so lovable, how could I be?

She loved to explore. During play time on the bed (I have limited space in my room so floor time was usually bed time) she would leave no stone (or stuffed animal) unturned.

Her inability to stay still for the camera became a running joke.

And so did her... um, unusual uses for cuddle sacks and cups.

And let's not forget her madd stealth skillz:

She had a deep and abiding love of chewing anything and everything... even things she shouldn't!

And few pigs loved food as she did. When dinner was served, she would streak out of her hidey like she was shot from a cannon. She was always the first to the edge of the cage for treats. She was always the first to the hay bin when the hay was being refreshed and stuck her head in the way before I was finished!

But most of all, she loved those who loved her most:

There are so many more things I love and will miss so much about her that this tribute can't cover. The way she always wheeked when I came out of the shower, every time, like I was returning from some magical land of piggy treats, lol. The way she always stood on the fiddle sticks when she wanted food to show that she meant business. The way she always chased and trolled fat Ace. The way she always kept herself so neat and tidy, her fur always snowy white, until her teeth got really bad and her chin was permanently stained green. I thought it was normal and cute then. But now, I feel sad, wondering if I'd caught her teeth problems earlier if I could have saved her.

I will miss the way she used to sit in the corner of the cage, on her fuzzy blanket, and look at me when i watched TV. I always waved to her and said hi and talked to her. I know I will be watching my shows tonight and automatically look to that corner, only to see she's not there. On the night she passed, I will always remember how, weak as she was, she sat up in that corner to look at me one more time. Maybe she knew it was the end, and it was her final gift to me.

Baozi, you were the best guinea pig I could've asked for. You were with me for way too short a time, but brought enough love and joy for years and years. I will miss you so much, but I'm happy that you're no longer suffering. Popcorn and nom delicious treats on the bridge, with no more pain in your teeth and green dribbling down your snowy white chin. Good night, Sweetie girl. You will never be forgotten.