Milkyway - From Hell to Here aka Mikly & Friends

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:54 am

I'm so sorry. Mama Pig was one of the extra special ones.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 am

Oh, I am so sorry, TexCavy. You took such good care of her.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 am

I am so sorry, TexCavy. You took such wonderful care of her and I am sure if she could talk she would say thank-you.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry. We both send our sympathies and warmest hugs to you and Mr Tex xx

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm sorry about Mama Pig. She truly was special and very well loved.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry. It's always harder when you have losses close together. :(

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Thank you all, this was one of the hardest piggy losses I can recall.
I spoke with the vet while Bailey was in for his neuter today and she thinks it may have been a thyroid "storm".

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am

I'm so sorry, Tex.

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:27 am

UPDATE - All Good News Currently.

Char and her brother Bailey get along great. They love to sleep nose to nose or sometimes he gets into his hay box when he wants time alone. That's the container he brought when he moved to Char's cage.
Char in her little pink house:

Bailey at the pellet dish.

Bailey in his sleepbox/haybox.

The trio of girls have been doing ok. They keep MrTex up at night though with their girlish squabbles Since Mikly left us. I have been planning to adopt another male for them since December. Yet twice the weather interfered with my trip to Lewisville and once it was my eye which I had surgery on recently. I am happy that they adopted so many during those days I missed. Though when I finally got ready to look again for boys they had no singles listed. So I went on Google and Craig's list.

I found a few possible, and was about to go to bed and call folks next morning. Then I did one more search and found a really needy pig in Temple Texas at a dog/cat shelter. A call went out for help getting him to a foster home till I come back through the area on March 8th after a trip already planned and half paid for. We got both donations and help getting him out of there. Windespirit drove down and got him and is fostering him till I get him for which I am very thankful.

The new guy's Trio of gals to be.
'Quiza, Tika and Ruby

Recent photo of 'Quiza and MrTex.
She sure is Daddy's girl.

The new guy was called Piggy in the dog rescue. So I went searching for the perfect name for him. I Had always imagined that IF I ever got another orange pig it would look like Reuben, my avatar pig, minus ridge. But this guy was orange and fluffy, So the Sherbert from Sherbet name I had saved seemed not quite right. I looked at all sorts of of things from our current theme that we just happened on after Foster Pig failed to remain just a Foster. Finally settled on this:

Pronounced a lot like Rodent minus the T,
but even more stress is on the first syllable.

Here are some more photos courtesy of Auntie Windespirit:

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 am

Beautiful photos, Tex :)

I feel so happy for Rodenbach - and I love his new name!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 am

Oooh, named after a regional beer from here! It's tasty too! Lovely pig!

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:52 am

Thanks y'all.
I just realized I forgot to say he's Roden for short.
ANd I look forward to trying his namesake someday.
Never had a Chimay until I named a piggy after it. Now I have to try Rodenbach.

ALso I forgot to say the Rescue in Lewsiville. I must have been really Drowsy when I posted all of that. Many of you know but new folks may not that nearly all of my other rescues came from Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue in Lewisville, Texas. Their link is here: http://theguineapigrescue.com/