These are my Guinea Pigs.

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 am

I wanted to try something. If this doesn't work, I am sorry. Not sure if you have to copy then paste this link. I just made it on youtube. Its a slideshow of my piggies.

The first 2 pictures are Buster, then Sir Fluffy. After Oreo passed, I adopted these two. They came from a family whose kids didn't want them anymore.
Craig is in my lap-we adopted him just a couple weeks ago because his owner went to boot camp. Fluffy again.
Niko, Kobe (Niko and Kobe are brothers). I adopted them from another family who got them for her kids who were all under the ages of 6 (kids were scared of them). My only girl Sassy- she loves to chew on everything!! A little girl about 9 year old had Sassy for a 4H project. She got bored and didn't want Sassy either.
Then the last two pictures are of Oreo. She was my first piggy. She came from a co-worker who was busy with work and going to college. Oreo loved to share grass with my cats, as you will see!! She passed away last year. Worst day ever! One day she got all congested, boogery, weak and not eating. So I made an appointment for the next day. I worked that morning, since her appointment wasn't til later that afternoon. Got a call from my husband that she passed. I was so sad!! I buried her in our flower garden with a cross and white rocks. I should have added that photo. Maybe next time.

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am

I do hope that this works!!! I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to work youtube!! If it does work, enjoy :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 am

Yes, indeed, it did! Very cute!

Breadfan4

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 am

So cute! I especially like the one chewing a shoelace!

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks. That would be Sassy. She likes to chew on everything. Shoelaces, cat toys, carpet and even our kitchen table.

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you for sharing! :)

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Just a question on my piggy Niko. I do not want to start another thread...

I have Niko and Kobe out running loose in the house. I noticed Niko scratching on his back. So I scooped him up and noticed that there is a very small bald spot. I am pretty sure its Mites. (bald spot and white specks) And since it is Sunday and the vet I normally go to is closed til Tuesday, my question is, what is the best over the counter treatment? If any?

I am about to clean all cages and give all my piggies baths. Clean one gotta clean them all.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Don't bathe the one with the mites. They don't like water, and they'll drive the pig crazy.

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:26 pm

I passed on the baths. They all got clean cages though.
The vet opens tuesday so I will make an appointment for Niko and Kobe. Hopefully she will give me enough treatment for all the piggies. Better safe to have them all treated. I have check everyone for specks and bald spots and so far its just Niko.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Yes, definitely best to treat them both as they've been together, even though just Niko has the bald patch. My vet recommended treatment for all my 3 when she found mites and lice on one of my girls.

JessicaC

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Icky. I will have to do all 7 piggies. They all interact with eachother one way or another. Social visits through the cages or seperate play time on the floor. Might as well get stuff for the cats too.