The Southern Boars

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 am

Beautiful boys!

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:24 am

So well rounded, literally :) Your boys are so so cute. I know, it's so hard to line up my pigs for a group shot. There's always one of them with their butt to the camera at a given time, it's like taking class photo for kindergarten kids!

Piggywig

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Very excited, wearing my "Pigs on Earth" sweatshirt today. It is casual Friday, and it is a well-fitting black sweatshirt, so it is OK for work. Everyone thinks the pigs are so cute on it. Only two of them on the shirt favor mine even a little, but it's still so cute. And warm too. One has long butt hair like Smokey and one is black and white sort of like MoonPie.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Got a picture of that?

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:31 am

I've got to take one. It's from a CafePress store, and I don't want it to be like I'm advertising, but they have the cutest piggie stuff.

A lot of people are doing that "I'm thankful for..." each day on FaceBook. I'm not doing that, but I have the latest picture of the boys as my computer wallpaper here at work, and every time I log on or shut down my computer, I am so thankful for their sweetness.

I want to get them out and take Christmas photos, but I know I would post them immediately, and then that would be over -- all before Thanksgiving has even happened. But I've got a red blanket with white dots all over it, like snow. I hope it will be cute.

MoonPie was doing major zoomies all over his cage last night. I guess he is going to be OK. He is friendlier toward me as well. He was always the more shy of the two boys.

I ordered some of the 3rd cut. Thank goodness. They are being good sports about the store hay, though. Pretty good. They make sure it is good and dead by trampling it to death before they eat it.

Piggywig

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 am

We had to have our less than a year old cat, Sam, put to sleep on Monday because he had feline leukemia and it had taken over and he was dying. Now I have two babies that I wish I would have held more, snuggled more, kissed more, cuddled more, and just generally loved more, because I'll never have another chance ever again. Dammit.

Sorry to be such a downer but it still feels like Snickers should be coming home from the hospital and that Sam should come hopping out from behind every corner. I am grateful for those I still have -- very grateful -- but can't shake the sadness for those lost and I have depression issues anyway. Give all your babies extra love today -- you'll never regret it.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm sorry

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 pm

I am sorry Piggywig.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm sorry.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 am

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, Piggywig.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Despite my losses, I am very thankful. In fact, many of you may remember when my favorite little turkey was a piggie named Moose, seen here giving me moderate stink-eye for making him stand in front of some construction paper tail feathers. He did not want to stand there. He was happy to stand ANYWHERE else, just not there. So he finally just decided to take a rest. What a little turkey. Loved that Moose.
moosepiggie by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

In case anyone wants to see last year's Thanksgiving photos, they are on page 5 of this chronicle. They were very sweet, with all four boys. I hope everyone and everypig are happy and snug and safe, wherever you are this season.